Lake Marion Camping Trip

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Jun 24, 2007.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Took the kids from church to the lake for a camping trip to try the fish and do some tubing. Fished friday night from about midnight to daylight and caught 14 decent blues and channells. Nothing huge all around the 10lb range with a 18lb and a 16lb blue. None of them had ever been catfishing before so the all had a ball and all of them got to reel in some fish. The wind was hammering pretty bad with 3-5ft waves in the lake so we fished in the flats on the lake side of green island in about 2ft of water. The gars were bad to start with but after about a couple of hours they moved on. We never moved out of that same hole all night which is od for me but it was so rough I didnt feel confortable with the waves that big. Everyone had a good time. I am looking foward to vacation next week I will be there all week starting on the 30th. I will report when I get back.

2. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    james,
    were you fishing the flat north of marker 42? we are going to try that spot and the div. canal fri night

GARY

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I reckon this is a day late and a dollar short but no we were on the whyboo side of the lake. There is 2 different green islands depending on what map you look at. Sorry so late.