Lake Marion-Above Eutaw Springs

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by scwolf, Nov 13, 2008.

1. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Guys,

Judy and I are renting a boat in a couple of weeks out of lakeside marina. Was wondering if anyone that fishes up that way had some ideas on some areas to try. I haven't really fished much further up than the brickyard, so I am not sure about places up there. I have fished the cross channel going over towards wyboo. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, weather allowing we will be drifting during the day.

thanks, Robbie

2. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Aint no fish up here.......too far for em to swim.....no food for em.......not enough water..........just kidding guys, fishing is great up on the upper end right now !!!

3. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    LOL thanks ken, I guess I'll bring a bucket full of water and a bag full of foo and maybe kind a cat or two to catch.

4. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    "food" that is

5. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    call the roundhill he just moved to utaw springs but fishes the lower lake:confused2::confused2::smile2:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck with your fishing quest

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Go fish anywhere near channel marker 54...:wink:

8. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for all the help guys, I will definately be posting a report when we return.

9. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Good luck and let us know...

10. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well the weatherman definately got the windy part right on Friday. We didn't get out in the boat until around 1:30 and the wind and waves did not let us venture to far out of lakesides cove. Since Judy and I are diehards we anchored down near the mouth of the cove and managed to put a few blues in the boat, as night fell we were trying to convince ourselves we were going to camp on the boat and fish all night, but with 25mph winds and 32mph gust we headed in for the "free" camper Lakeside Campground had offered us. Saturday morning we were well rested and ready to face the cold. Headed out Saturday and began having a few mechanical problems with the boat, Jim from lakeside came out on the water and got us running again and off we went to drift, then unbelievably the wind just stopped, could not find a ripple, we did manage to pick up a few more fish and finally called it a day. The folks at Lakeside are super nice and we were very thankful for the warm camper. Biggest blue was 16lbs, tough conditions this weekend but always good to be on the water.

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Robbie. You folks made a good trip out of what could have been very disappointing. Also, thanks for the positive feedback on the campground.