Lake Marion 7-23

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by outoftheboat, Jul 23, 2009.

1. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Tough day of fishing for me. Ended up catching 6 drifting threadfin shad shallow, deep and everything in between. They just didn't seem to be very active the areas I fished. Big fish went 10lbs. Still had a great day.

2. outoftheboat

State:
    South Carolina
    I had to borrow a friends boat since mine has carb trouble and then the water pump went out. I was in a G3 that had rod holder at different angles. The holders had been bent and have at least a 45 or even greater degree on them. My boat has Driftmaster holders with 25 degrees. My thought or question is, does it make that big of a difference with the rod holders how a bait is being pulled through the water. I went over what should have been active fish in shallow water but no takers. The holders might not have had anything to do with it but was just a thought. Just when you think you have the fish figured out, things change. Will try again next week.

3. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Kelly
    Ill tell you something that Roundhill told me and proved to me one time several years ago. We made a drift over quite a few fish without one strike only to pull up and make the same drift again. I finally ask him if we should try somewhere else and his reply was why leave here where we know there are fish. He said they gotta bite sometime......very next drift over the same line we boated about 14 fish. Made a believer outa me..

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    25 or 45 makes no difference.:wink: Some days you can do no wrong and they eat anything that comes thru. and others days you can't get a bite if ya anchored on'em. Good catch and thanks for the report.

5. outoftheboat

State:
    South Carolina
    Looks like I left fish to find fish which is a mistake. Next time I will drift back over them. I left those fish and went about a half mile up the lake for one bite. Not for sure why I didn't drift them again...I guess I was trying to put the blame on the holders.

6. slojam

slojam New Member

State:
    scarolina
    ain't no tellin how many times i've done that...(haven't we all...:big_smile:)

7. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yep i think we all have done that.always looking for greener pastures:wink:

8. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Like Pop Pop said it sometime makes no difference just keep your bait in the water. Because like we use to say about hunting You are not going to catch him SITTING ON THE COUCH. Thanks for the report Kelly