Lake Marion 5/8 Night

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by deerhntr22, May 12, 2009.

1. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Hey Guys...I went out from Bells Marina last Friday night and was stuck using bream heads for bait, couldnt find any herring...Im new to the Santee Lakes and have never fished the bottom lake before...I only caught two channels...10lb. & 14lb....and two gar...wow...I drove from Greenville, SC which is three hours away and I couldnt make it happen...oh well...wish I would have had herring or shad.

2. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Brian, sorry to hear about the slow trip. It happens to the best of us. I have only been to that area once before and didn't do all that good either, but I will offer one piece of advice. Go to Wal-Mart or any other sporting goods store and get you a cast net and learn to throw it (there may be a video somewhere here on the site). You can catch a fair amount of shad and even some white perch in the cove at the boat ramp at Belle's. Take a small rod and some worms to catch white perch while you are fishing for the cats. The perch are excellent for cats either cut or fished alive. Good luck on your next trip.:wink:

3. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the info...I think I might go out with someone next time that is familiar with the lakes, then I wont be so lost, and perhaps gain some more knowledge of the lakes...again, thanks for the info.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC Brian. It happens to all of us sooner or later but usually its not every trip so thats a plus.