Lake Marion 2-2-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Feb 2, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Got back down to the the lakes today and put in at canal lakes and decided to fish around the river channel. We started out riding around looking at the graph and wasnt really marking anything but decided to fish some deep creeks that ran off of the main channel. Caught 3 blues 25.6lb, 12lb, 9.9lb and 1 fat 5lb channel. All fish were caught drifting in about 25-30ft of water on blueback herring. Had a good time with my wife and another couple of friends that were fishing near by. Bumped into my good ole buddies Jim(jk88) and Ron(Roundhill) and got to shoot the bull with them for a while. It was good seeing you guys again.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sorry hear is the pic f my wife with the 25lb blue. I forgot the camera so it is off of my cell.

Attached Files:

3. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Glad to see you caught some fish .Warren and I are planning on going on monday weather permitting. I want to try randolphs what do you think.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I think it will be just fine but I havent fished that area sinse August of last year though. Maybe we can hook back up and go in a couple of weeks.

5. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Hope we can get together after you get back from your trip.

6. StankBaitHooker

StankBaitHooker New Member

State:
    Clemson SC
    Gj, glad u had fun, nice fish.

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report James. That 25lber must have been nice. How deep is the mouth of the canal?

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    THe canal going into the upper lake was pretty deep and easy to navigate. I didnt go into the lower lake.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good to hear somebody catching something.