Lake Marion 12-4

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by outoftheboat, Dec 4, 2009.

1. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Started fishing around 6:30 a.m. Winds out of the N, NE. Water temp 55 and very murky. Drifted threadfin, white perch, and gizzard. Caught 13 with the big one 31lbs and one that went 24lbs. Smallest fish around 8lbs. I should have caught 16 but needed a little help...I had three doubles for the day...by the time I landed the first fish and picked up the second rod, the fish were gone. The last fish I caught hit my outside rod and at the same time the one next to it went down. After I landed the fish, I noticed it had a second hook it its mouth. The fish swallowed the hook on the first rod and the second hook was in the corner of its mouth. Never have had that happen before. All fish were released. Had a great day.

Attached Files:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great catch and thanks for the pics and report. I hope to be heading that way after X-mas.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Kelley sounds like that last fish wanted t o make sure he made it to your boat . Glad you had a good day on the water :wink::cool2:

4. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    sounds like a heck of a day good job

5. Kevin G

Kevin G New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice fish, looked like fun.

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Good job

7. bulldog1

bulldog1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    WOW! Heck of a day. I"d like to get on one of those big ones like that. Thanks for the report.:big_smile:

8. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Great job.:wink:

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Man you are on a roll. I have never had that to happen to me. Closest thing was the time this fish broke my line and 5 min later i caught him on another rod. Got my hook back:big_smile: Them are some nice fish, you might need to come down Sat and help me out in the Wateree Tournament:big_smile: