Lake Marion 10-8

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by outoftheboat, Oct 9, 2009.

1. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Drifted threadfin shad. Landed 10, lost 3 in the stumps and missed 4 others. The fish seem to have moved from the areas I have been catching them, so I decided to try new water that I have never fished before. Started in the middle of the lake close to the dam and let the wind carry me. Fish liked the 27' of water. Water temp started at 70 and went to 73. For the second time in 12 years I was checked by the Game Warden...had everything he was looking for.

This might be some helpful info with your new paper license, if it gets wet and you do not dry it out it will stick together like glue. After messing up last years by trying to get it apart and destroying it, he looked at the new one holding it up to the sun and saw that it was valid. I also saw one of the biggest barges I have ever seen on the lake, not for sure what he was moving. Fished from sun-up till 1:30.

2. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Kelley,

THANKS for the report. Would you by chance be fishing the lower lake anytime during the Thanksgiving weekend?
    Jim

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for the report Kelley an congrats on a safe fishing achievement.