Lake Marion 10-11-08 Fishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by santeefishhunter, Oct 8, 2008.

1. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    I'll be fishing this Saturday on the upper lake and see if we can get something to bite. Give me a call on VHF 74 if anyone else is fishing the lake. I think I'll try out from the dam with the north wind we are suppose to get. I have caught some nice fish in that area in the past. I got 2 guys going and this is there first trip to Santee. Good Luck to everyone! :eek:oooh:

2. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    We had a great trip fishing Saturday and ended up with 12 good chunky blues up to 20lbs. We drifted usind gizzard shad from 20-26 ft of water. I had 2 die hard fisherman with me and this was there first time to Santee drifting. It rained on us all day long and they had a ball. They never complained and they are HOOKED now! The fish were really slapping the rods which made for a good day.

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the reprt Kevin that sounds like some bad fishing conditions turned good. Congrats.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing, congrats

5. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Thanks for the report!! Heading up there this Thursday after work. Hope they are still biten!! For the kids sake:smile2: !!