Lake Maps?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by BassMassey, Sep 19, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I'm in need of a more detailed/ accurate lake map. The one I have is alright, but it seems like I should be able to find one with more countour detail, and that's more accurate. What do you guys think the best way to go is? I know they sell CD's with pretty much every body of water in the country. I was talking to my buddy at work today and he said there's somewhere online you can go to see satellite image fishing maps that show's great detail. He wasn't sure what the website was, he's an oldman/countryboy and doesn't really know much about the internet at all. Maybe i just need a better foldout map? The map I have now is made by Atlantic Mapping, and it's just the run of the mill lake map that every gas station around here has on their shelves. I find it to be not detailed at all, and in some cases not very accurate. Throw some ideas at me, tell me what works for you........thanks.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Corp. engineers navigation maps are by far the best maps i've ever seen. Your local office should have them.

3. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I appreciate the input, although the lake I am looking for a map on is a Georgia Power lake. Corps of Engineers doesn't have anything to do with the dam or the lake.

4. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    anyone have any info on where to find satellite image lake maps? or are those cd's with the lake maps you can buy at basspro worth buying? any input would be appreciated