lake maps

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cliff n york, Dec 5, 2007.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    do you use topo maps and if so what scale do you use

2. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Most my maps are ( 1:48,000 ) scale. But they are different at some lakes. Do you have a certain lake in mind?

3. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yes, wateree and marion

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I dont know about the scales of them but Atlantic Mapping Company makes good maps for SC lakes.They give GPS coordinates for underwater structure like roadbeds, bridges, humps and the list goes on.Fishing Hotspots maps are pretty good too as far as giving fishing information.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know i live in ohio, but i use lake maps and have maps of every major lake in the state.. me and my fishing partner have been graphing every night lake fishing to a tee. moon phase , weather, water depth.. you name it!! i really want to see after keeping a journal for 3-5 yrs. what things we can start seeing some type of pattern... really easy to do, and fun also.. BTW>>> J.D been a while since we talked on the phone congrats on that monster cat in your avatar!!!! rollo

6. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Iv'e got all the maps from King Fisher & Atlantic Mapping for SC. And like Chris I like the Atlantic Mapping better. Both are normaly the same scale.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The Fishing Hotspots Pro 2007 SD card that you can plug into your GPS is also very detailed. It shows alot of information on Marion/Moultrie as far as humps, contours and underwater structure as well as depths. It is a little pricey and the channel markers dont jive up quite right.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I have the Kingfisher and the Fishing hot spots. I like them both, mainly the hot spots because it shows all the depths not just the channels. Both cost $10 each.

Should I look into the Atlantic Mapping ? I'm looking for something that has the best shoreline detailing with all depths. Oh, and where do you guys get the Atlantic mapping maps at ? I've been looking around but I haven't come across them yet.

Thanks for the Thread and replies folks.
    -Jim-

9. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Jim, the Atlantic maps give a coordinate list on each map you can follow with your GPS unit. They also show more bottom features & structure. But they don't do so well shore line and smaller roads. I got mine through the rescue team but here is the sight labled on the map www.fishingGPSmaps.com.