Lake Maps

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Cutter, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

State:
    Hickory, NC
  2. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I appreciate that I would love it if we had hydrographic maps for the Yadkin chain of lakes also, THANKS!

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    If anyone finds a good topo map of Badin and Tillery I want to know where to get one. I can't locate one and have heard that they do exist and that they don't exist. I've never seen one, but have heard that some people have them. Something about alcoa won't release the info. for it or something. any help appreciated. thanx

4. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  5. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    There are good topo maps of Badin and Tillery but they aren't sold anymore. Mariner map company sold them. The Mariner rep. told tackle shop owners that it would take an order of close to 1500 copies to get any more made. It's been about 4 years since I have seen any for sale.

6. idolg

idolg New Member

State:
    Colfax, NC
    Hey, These are great maps! Thanks! I'm new to BOC in Sept 2006 and trying to make use of the lakes and rivers that we have right next door. I fish Cafe Fear River quiet a bit because I am down that way quiet often. Thanks for any info that is available close by. I am amased of the huge amount of information on this sight. I was wondering about Belews Creek. I use to go there about every weekend years ago. Have not done much fishing there lately though and haven't heard of anyone else fishing there lately either. I live about 15 miles from Belews and have not utilized my options. I think it is time to start. I have fished out of the Carolina Marina and Humphreys Ridge in the past. I use to go out of the Black Top landing but I was told it is closed now?

7. Cat<*(((><Brown

Cat<*(((><Brown New Member

State:
    nc
    Hey, Colfax....cool I grew up there. I bet you know Mike Atchison. I fished Blewes Creek alot early in the year when it was hot. I have been thinking about it alot now that it is colder. Plus it's close by. Did not have much luck plus I don't know if ya can eat the fish. I did catch 2 flat heads this year so there has to be some giant fish in there. Growing up Gary Lamar used to catch monster cats out of there. I have one awsome spot in mind and I'm sure we would catch fish. One thing for sure the beer would stay cold. Let me know if ya do any good. Cat<*(((><Brown