Lake Maps

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Gaffney Catman, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Gaffney Catman

Gaffney Catman New Member

State:
    south carolina
    How often do you change your lake maps- or how often should you change your lake maps?

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    What are you asking? How often do you update your software maybe? I have had the same card in my unit for 3 years and it does need to be replaced cause they have sinsed added Moultrie as a high def lake. I hope this was what you were asking.

3. Gaffney Catman

Gaffney Catman New Member

State:
    south carolina
    No I was asking about a waterproof contour map for us people that dont have those high dollar units. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Scott if Im not mistaken they should have a date on them and you can check there website to see if there has been any updated maps put out. Otherwise as long as you can still read it keep using it. I dont think they update very often.

5. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    try atlatic mapping company, not sure if thier maps are newer but they show much better detail than the hotspots or kingfisher, the one i have is copyrighted for 2006 havent seen any that are more recent. personally i only trust the maps so far, ive found errors on all of them, came up on a flat one day that was 4ft deep according to 2 different maps it should have been over 20ft:confused2:

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I have so much information color coated, code written and coffee, beer, tea.........spilled on them, their just like family. I love my gps, but NEVER leave home without my maps.

I have to agree with James as far as checking the website for the maps you use. If you got any you want to throw away, call me I'll take 'em.:wink: