Lake Maloney report

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jrgriffhusker, May 25, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    We went camping this weekend I went out a couple of times for a few hours. BUT..... I only caught 1 channel. I threw everything at them shad sides, dead bluegills, crawlers, and chicken livers. All I can say is at least I didn't get skunked. YEAH
    Hope others did better than I did.

2. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    we went crappie fishin' down in missouri today caught about 20 crappie between the 4 of us i caught 1 about 15 inches and 1 about 13 inches 2 white bass 2 channels and 5 or 6 drum (bait) all were caught using roadrunners:cool2:

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    at least someone caught fish this weekend

4. Travisfixit

Travisfixit New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Has anyone used beef spleen? I think it works as good if not better then liver! It is full of blood and will stay on your hook the hole time you use it.:wink:

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Beef Spleen? Hum. Sounds like a good option to try sometime!! Thanks for the info.

Anyhow, over the Memorial Weekend, my cousin from Iowa and myself boated some nice cats while drifting blood on Elwood Res. I caught around 6 cats and probably lost 10 hooksets. I'm really thinking this is due to my heavy, stiff action rod and the use of braided line. Mistake I'm guessing! My cousin landed a nice #7 cat and a 4.5 lb to. These are the 1st catfish my cuz ever caught. He was excited!! He really liked the tussle on the line. Being used to catching Crappie and Bass, he liked the way catfish fought and appreciated the challenge of landing the bigger cat. COOL!! He wants to try a crack at it another time. Sure!! I said. I'll be your guide again. LOL!! A freind of mine had great success at Elwood to, catching 10 cats, with the big one weighing #17. That was on Sunday afternoon. Guess I was in the wrong spot all the time. LMAO! Oh well!! This weekend I'll give it a shot..

Thanks.
    Mark..

ps.. gathering is getting closer!!

6. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sounds like a good time ! I didn't even wet a line the whole weekend !!:sad2: Just to much crap going on !! But I will be ready for the gathering Hope the weather is good. See ya all there !!! !:big_smile::cool2: