Lake Lure

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by floundahman, Mar 19, 2007.

1. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Has anyone fished this lake in the Asheville area? Are there any catfish in it? I'll be staying on the lake for an artisan bread baker's festival in Asheville this weekend. Thought I might wet a line. Any help would be apreciated.

2. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    All I've heard about it is that it has really good scenery and movie producers go there sometimes to film. sorry not much help.

3. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Kyle, I hope they don't film me fishing up there. I guess if they're filming a comedy it would be ok.:big_smile:

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its an upscale lake with many million dollar homes. Its also very expensive for a permit for boating. Never heard of any cats but I'm sure theres a few channels. It actually on the Broad River or the Broad River runs through it per say. My great-grandmother had a store on the lake many years ago. Dirty Dancing and Steven King's Firestarter were both filmed around the lake.

5. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    You can buy a permit to put your boat in but you need three hundred thousand dollars insurance on the boat to get it. Non resident permit I think is six hundred a year. They have a great way of keeping us off a beautiful lake don't they?

6. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fished there years ago and had to buy a permit, It was like 17.00 or so , don't remember anything about ins. limits. Fished all day diddn't catch anything. Pretty scenery though. I had a bass boat with a Mercury pro max drag motor on it (very loud) everybody just looked as if they never seen a boat before. Kinda upitty people.

7. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Wow, y'all are scarin me. I'm staying in a timeshare that has shore access. I think all I need is my license, better check though. Thanks for the info.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Jim you may want to check out the Town of Lake Lure website. I looked at it just before posting this and dude its high to have a boat there.