Lake Lure & Bald Mtn. Lake - Anyone out of Rutherford County

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by upncomincatfishking, May 2, 2007.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    well my stepfather,mother and brothers and sisters live in rutherford county and fish lake lure and bald mountain lake.they also fish the broad river.i was just wanderin if anyone on here lives and fishes around them parts.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bro., I don't know anything about the lakes you mention, but I do like your handle/screen name. I like the way you think. Good luck.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I go up to Lake Lure some but I don't fish it.

4. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    i lived in rutherford for over 25 yrs. was born and raised there . ive been to lake lure alot but never dont any good...theres an old wives tell that years ago they sent divers into the lake looking for a lost boy.. and they were cats as big as cars in there...who are your parents i may know them...

5. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    LAURA AND GREG MC FARLAND

6. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Adam, I live in Rutherford County and fish a little at Lake Lure and the Broad rvier. It is time for the trout to be in the upper end of the lake. They make a run about the end of Feb. into the river. I have never had the chance to catfish there.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...theres an old wives tell that years ago they sent divers into the lake looking for a lost boy.. and they were cats as big as cars in there..."

Yup, that old wives tale has been told on EVERY lake that ever existed. It usually goes on to say, "...they came out of the water scared to death and swore they would never go back down there..." :smile2: