Lake Lucas or Lake Reece

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tubby Catfishin, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    It might be a shot in the dark but here it goes! My brother and I are gonna take our boats out for the 1st time this year on Sat. just to check em out and maybe do a lil cattin!! Has anyone fished either of these lakes lately... or for that matter ever????? Ive fished Lucas and caught a few nice cats, (more of a right place right time kinda thing.) Whats a good starting point for this time of year to find a few nice cats from sunup to sundown.... Ive been reading in the NCWRC about these 2 lakes and Ive learned a lil........ Lucas has white cats and Reece has channels....... which lake should we target....:embarassed: Im still new to the whole findin em and catchin em routine..... I always waited on them to find me:sad2:!!! Hope someone can help us out!!! Thanks

2. Littlejack

Littlejack New Member

State:
    nc
    lake reece is probably the better of the two,it's a lot bigger and has some easy to find river channels in th top part of the lake.I know some guys who catch some channels out of there and in the summer there is ok flathead fishing in there.Hope that helps!

3. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I've fished from the bank at Reese, with the cub scouts at Woodfield and Woodfield West. I helped with the boys whose dad's don't fish much. They caught more than a few Channels. But the thing that really drew a crowd, was when we started to clean them, I've never seen so many 8, 9, and 10 year-olds pay that much attention to anything:wink:.

Jon

4. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Well guys Im headin for Reece in the morn. Gonna try to net some shad and maybe get on a couple of deep river channels and see what happens!! My brother is taking his boat w/ his son so Im hoping we have a good trip!!! Let ya know how we do 2moro night!!