LAKE LORAMIE - Anyone fish this lake before?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by katkiller77, Jan 12, 2009.

1. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    anyone here fished lake loraime rick

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sorry Rick can't help I've never even heard of it.

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nope,heard of it though,too far for me,or i am just too lazy

4. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I have fished it several times. My family is from Minster, Ohio which is about 4 miles from the lake. My dad always fished it for bluegills and crappies since he was a boy. We would catch huge crappies up to 16 inches there. Now I believe it is managed as a Saugeye lake. There are bass in there as well. I have never fished it for cats so I have no idea how the catfishing is.

5. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Hey rick yes iv fished it a few times. Got a lot of nice channels and a few shovelhead aroud 30. the lake is about 20 miles north of me im in troy ohio.

6. ejparks0218

ejparks0218 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Rick- I have fished this lake. It is mostly stripers, crappies, bass, and bluegills. Some cats, but not a big catfish lake.

7. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    loramie is my "home lake" since i've fished it hundreds of times. only a few miles from my house. i've fished every part of it whether in a boat or banking and used every kind of conventional catfish bait and while the channel fishing can be good i have NEVER seen anything that even remotely resembles a flathead out of that lake! my best channel out of loramie went 17.2# but the quality of the fishing has declined in the last 5 years.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know people who have loramie all there lifes and never cau8ght a shovle head out of it..But they have caught alot of nice channels.

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    thanks jack rick

10. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    i know a guy last year that set limb lines almost everyday on loramie and from what he was telling me it looks very good bigest one i think was in the 12 to 15 range a bunch in the 3 to 5 but the thing about that lake like most other lakes u can only fish so much of it because of private land so if u dont have a boat like me u may never know the true potential man i got to get a boat