Lake Logan Questions

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by DaveR, Jan 5, 2006.

1. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    My dad and I used to fish lake logan when I was younger (10 to 12 years ago) and used to fish all night and pull in a fair amount of eaters. To my way of thinkin where there are smaller fish the ought to be big fish but I've heard conflicting stories. On one hand some of my buddies say there are some pretty big fish in there and on the other hand some people tell me that there isn't anything but eaters. Can anyone tell me for sure either way? If so where are they if you can tell me without giving up any secret spots? Any help would help me out a lot.

Thanks
    Big Dave

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last year, Ed Hebler caught a 58# Flat from there. If your in the area John Downs has the picture @ his shop. I will look for a pic & post it here.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here it is.

FYI: it was 55# not 58 as I org said. It was caught on 5/18/05 & is the official Lake Record Flathead.

4. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks Bryan,

My buddies and I always thought there were some biguns in there. :D

Big Dave

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Logan had some nice cats and a huge shad population..One problem I have seen is people keeping alot of the small cats...So if they keep alot of small ones it means there will be less big ones.

6. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Jack,
    Thanks for the info. I haven't fished down there in a few years and didn't realize that the pickins were getting slim.

Big Dave

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats right Jackie, taking all the small ones from that lake will hurt it.

8. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I used to talk to a guy that lived near the lake and he was always posting pictures of big cats he caught...wonder how the bank space is ?

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    PLENTY of Bank Space. I have sent you a PM.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One more thing.....(sorry I waited too long to edit my org post) fish this lak eearly, the vegattion is so thick & nasty that itt's almost impossible to fish when everything starts growing.

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    The vegatation grow pretty quick when the lake warms up. But you need to fish it early.

12. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I fished Lake Logan when I was a kid, my father lived in Lancaster, and so just about every summer I would visit him, and Lake Logan was one of the places we used to fish. At one time, the biggest catfish I had caught(five pounds) was out of Lake Logan. I have some good memories of fishing there.