lake logan/hocking hills advice

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by whiskercatcher, Jul 22, 2009.

1. whiskercatcher

whiskercatcher New Member

State:
    ohio
    hi! i am taking a trip to hocking hills this weekend and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on good spots to hit. i know lake logan is down that way, but i've never actually been there. thanks in advance!

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Kyle lake logan is pretty tricky on the flatheads. Channel cats can be caught most anywhere on the lake tho. If you are around the Old Man's Cave area you might want to try out Rose lake there. Holds some very nice channel cats an some monster trout!

3. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    I do alright catching Channels in Lake logan and Rose lake on gill/shad/mooneye heads. I like Lake Logan better but man Rose Lake water sure is pretty.

Have yet to get a Flatty from Lake Logan but with some tips from a friendly fellow the other day hopefully that will change in the near future. Thanks again for that advice Glenn.

Chris

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey Chris no problem glad to meet you out there the other night. Gotta get together sometime an I may show you how or where to catch one there lol.

5. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How hard is it to find and catch shad at Logan?

6. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    I get alot of mooneyes (I think they're mooneyes anyways) with a cast net up in the muddy shallows at the far end..if you got a boat though you can take a spot light and practically have them jumping in your boat after dark.

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Shad are being caught with cast net at the far end of the lake. Walk out the little points an toss the cast net.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey Chris just found this thread again. Wanna thank you for the shad that night out on the lake. Caught a nice sized channel catch on it!

9. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Awesome..yah for some reason I thought those were mooneyes..I felt kind of stupid after I realized it was a shad hehe.