Lake Logan Catch

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catmanblues, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    A friend an myself have been fishing lake logan last two nights with some pretty good action,not the greatest but not bad at all. Friday night my friend was over talking to me about 30 ft from his rod an I was watching it while he had his back turn. That pole bent down an I waiting for the bait alert to go off. Well that didn't happen (he usually has me set it for him)the pole shot off the prop an being as my friend is really slow an can't see at night I shot up out of the chair an when I got to the rod I caught the butt end before off in water land. Give it a jerk an reeled in a nice channel 31" an weighed a round 13 pounds. Had the huges belly I have seen for a channel it looked like a blue cat belly. Got some pic's on cell have to get downloaded.
    Last night we went back to the spot an again had some real nice runs an also caught two channel's in the range guessing 6 plus pounds an a 3 pounder range. Usually this spot produces flats for me but none were biting or the runs that stopped on me I missed.

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    sounds like a good night we need to hook up down there sometime my good man

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    lol you sead your buddy is slow to get to his pole, that's how my wife is, one time we were sitting side by side and her pole was in her holder and the tip slammed down, i sead your poles down, looked at her, got over there, reeled in one turn, and looked back to see where she was, she had just got up out of her chair, so i asked her DO YOU WANT A PIGGY BACK RIDE OVER HERE:smile2:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Yes I can relate to that with this fella here lol. Even when I got the pole he just stood back an watched. When a bigger fish is hooked he'll hand the pole off if that gives you an idea of the guys timing. I mean he is great to take along fishing an very enjoyable to fish with. Just a bit slow tho.

5. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have been thinking about making a trip to lake logan im pretty sure you just made my mind up! :smile2: i haven't caught a channel that big in 2 years

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hell, if he is going to hand off a rod when he s got a big fish, id LOVE to go fishing with him:big_smile::big_smile::wink:

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    man, i was in athens for 3 years and never fished that lake. i feel like a failure lol:embarassed:. congrats on the good night

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    That's very true. Kinda like taking him lol.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Three years in Athens. Were you going to college? Your still in Ohio heck come on down sometime an we'll make a outing at the lake. Might hook up on a couple. It's getting that time of year now that the flats will be moving closer to the shallows.