Lake Livingston Success

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by rom, Nov 12, 2007.

1. rom

rom New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hello,
    This is my first post to Catfish1 but I have gotten a bunch of good info from all the different threads. I just got a place on Lake Livingston and have been trying out jug fishing. The first couple of times I only caught two or three on 11, 3 hook jugs but this weekend I did much better. I put them out next to the old Hwy 190 roadbed and bridge and had between one and 3 fish on all but 2 jugs. The main thing that I did different was the bait I used. I had been using shad or live perch. This time I used beef heart and it made all the difference. As soon as I figure out how to add pictues, I'll add them. Enjoy the site.

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i will be spending most of the spring on lake livingston. when i get over there maybe we can put out some jugs. in september my wife and i caught some big blues over near freedom shores marina. shad was the only thing the big fish would bite over there.

3. rom

rom New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like a plan. I've got a place just southwest of where Hwy 190 crosses the lake (between Point Blank and Onalaska) just off Partick Ferry Rd. I've got a pontoon boat and can go just about anytime I'm not offshore or in the hillcountry.