Lake Livingston fishing tip

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Andrew Y'Barbo, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Andrew Y'Barbo

Andrew Y'Barbo New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am a new member. I was wondering if the cats are biting. How deep are they and were, creeks or river

2. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    Welcome to the BOC. I'v been fishing here around the Carolina Creek area now for several months and its been tuff. I'v hit every log jam in both directions for miles and have not had much to showe for it. Been catching some smaller ones {2 to 3 1/2 lbs.} on ocasion but nothing to brag about.
    Did get to go out yesterday. Stayed out all day and drifted aimlessly down the river. No trolling motor. Fished alot of dead water but did manage to bring in 7 that averaged about 5 to 6 lbs. All in all a good day.

3. Andrew Y'Barbo

State:
    Texas
    Thanks, I don't get much cat fishing in with a full bass tournament trail. I cought 2 ten pound cats in Caney creek. I used some jugs with shad on them. Thanks a lot.

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i had thought of trying shad on a jig head, but never got around to it. now i know it may work. thanks for sending that report. i am in sonora deer hunting now, but will be back to trinity in january to start fishing again. leave a few out there for me.

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Where on the trinity do yall fish? I've been wanting to go,but don't know where.

6. Andrew Y'Barbo

State:
    Texas
    JUGS. Jigs are for bass. 20oz Bottles are for cats