lake livingston - fishing for sand bass

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tufffish, Feb 19, 2009.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am heading up whiterock creek this afternoon to check for some big sandbass. has anyone been out the last few days. hey byron, are there any up the river around you. if it is not to cold the next few days, i am gonna load the boat up and head up your way. i think i am a few days late. last week when it was a little warmer i heard reports of some nice fish up the creek.

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    fishing up whiterock creek was very slow. noone was catching many fish. i caught one sandbass, one crappie, and one flathead. it was fun fighting a flathead on the ultralite. i will try again this afternoon.

3. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    Havnt been on in a while. This place keeps a person pretty busy. Did get to go cattin the other day. Boy was it windy. My dad and I cought 18 blues that totaled 87 lbs. Boy did he have fun. I think that was probably one of his best days ever. The next day I took another out and we did almost as good.
    I went out last night for 3 hrs. and cought a couple of nice blues over 8lbs. but could not take the coled and wind. Couldnt get a bite unless I was out in the middle of the wind. Had fun tho.
    People or still catching good limits of whites, crappie or picking up, as are the black bass. All in all things or picking up real nice around here for fishing.:wink:

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i just got in from a great axis hunt in sonora and will be heading back to the lake as soon as we figure out what the weather is gonna do. i am looking forward to getting into some of those big whites.

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    surely there are more people that fish lake livingston than just me and byron. come on guys and tell us about your fishing on this really good catfish and all fish lake.

6. Andrew Y'Barbo

Andrew Y'Barbo New Member

State:
    Texas
    Groveton got out so I might try jug fishing around caney and dads creek. Do you know any good place to catch some cats? The black bass are on beds and I have cought some nice blacks. Thanks for any help.

P.S. The whites were running before all the rain.

7. miloph

miloph New Member

State:
    Texas
    Add one more catman to your iist! We just bought a lake house on Livingston. I `ll be finding as many yellow cat holes that I can. I`ll stay in touch! We`re going down this weekend.:confused2:

8. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i will be fishing in the whiterock creek area all next week.

9. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    the smaller blues are biting pretty good on floating jugs. i am waiting out a rain storm now. i will be after some bigger blues on rod and reel as soon as this storm moves through. maybe the rain will get the river going.

10. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    yesterday the bluecats were biting pretty good. today my wife and i caught some crappie, but all were small.