lake limestone

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nathan king, Oct 30, 2005.

1. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    hey folks im going to take a little trip and fish a lake ive never fished before lake limestone. has anyone ever fished this lake before any info would be appreciated thatnks. i'll be headed there this next weekend sat nov 5th

2. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    thats in texas forgot to mention that if it wasnt obvious ;)

3. TxCatfishGuide

TxCatfishGuide New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lots of timber, lots of blue cat.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I always loved fishing Lake Limestone when I lived Near there. I moved to Ky in 89 and always wanted to go back and fish it again. Good flathead fishing too.

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    nathan, I've never been there before. Let me know how it goes.

6. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    hey guys went over to limestone sat and it went great, got over there early and the wind was out of the south at 25 to 30 blowed like heck but we buckeled down and rode it out in necks. caught 27 fish 3 small channels and 24 blues alll the blues ranged from 4 to 18 lbs we 1 fish weighed 11 and the biggest 18. the rest were 4 to 8 lbs man what a mess of fish this is catfish heaven im ready to go back, by the way all were caught on dk's punch bait.

7. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Nathan,
    I never catfished Limestone.But fished many a bass tourney there!It's a great little lake.Let me know when you go back,maybe we can meet up over there.
    which end did you fish?Upper or Lower?
    Leakyboat

8. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    leaky,
    we fished the upper end we were going to put in at fountain head but the water is so low that it wasnt possible so we trailered to the public ramp 3 i believe loks like a forrest out there and we stump jumped around. ya that would be great were going to try and plan another trip in the next couple of months and it would be good to have someone who knows the lake i'll keep in touch with you, boy that trip cost me $$$ bout a 5 hour drive one way for me.