Lake Lewisville

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chuck7700, May 31, 2007.

1. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    here one of the cats i caught friday 5-31-07. i caught it jug lining around the dam. this a picture og my wife.i caught about 50 sand bass trolling also.

Attached Files:

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Chuck,
    Great Job! That's a nice looking cat. We'll be out there Sunday. Hopfully we can put a few like in the box as well.

3. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    good luck. hope you catch a stringer full.

4. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    So, how deep was the jugline? on the bottom? what bait?

Great catch. we'll be out there the end of June for a family camping trip. Would love to hook into something like that.

Way to go!!

5. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    I set all my jug lines 40 feet deep. Tying 1/2 a brick a my weight. I set 5 hooks to each jug line. My first about 6 feet deep. The other 4 are spaced 6 feet apart. I use shad if i can catch some. if not I use cut up bait. I caught these using shad.

6. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    Do you fish mostly on the east or west side of the I-35 bridge?

7. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    mostly the east side. I do catch more bigger cats by the old lake dallas dam. there is a big drop off by the okd dam. i use jug lines with 70 feet of line and size 8 hooks. i have lost several jugs there too! the go down and never come up!

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    what size jugs are you useing and how much weight? to small of a jug can be pulled under by big fish and to little weight can be draged off by big fish. or someone could just be running your jugs they like to just take the hole rig if theres a big fish. Heres my dads site shows some pics of the rig we use. http://members.aol.com/jackfish7/jugline.html

9. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    I use a
    24 inches of 3/4" PVC pipe.. Then
    2 inch piece of that round foam with a hole in it. (you can buy it at Wal-Marts)
    then what ever length of trot line
    swivels
    hooks
    1/2 a brick

10. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    my biggest fish caught was a 27 pound blue. i never took it completly under. i did have to chase ir thiu.

11. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    if someones not stealing them then you got to be hooking some monsters. sometimes jar or stripers will drag them for miles but havent heard of and stripers in lew and havent heard about to many monster gars. have you tried the area between the lake park boat ramp and the lewisville fishing barge? if im correct thats what locals call catfish cove i know two guys that have caught a 25, 27, 33 pounder blues from the bank there at night.

12. CIBE2001

CIBE2001 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Weve lost jugs out there to pulled under and never came up. no other boats in the area we set jugs and left the area close enough to see and rod fished the birds. came back later and lost a jug.never did find it. ever