Lake Lewisville Report

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bobby-catfishing, Feb 23, 2008.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I took my dad and brother out for a little fishing this morning on Lewisville to celebrate my dad's birthday. The bite was pretty slow first thing this morning. We caught a few fish shallow early on and then decided to move out to some deeper water. About 9:30 we found a good school of fish about 32 feet deep. We caught somewhere around 80 channel cats at that spot and finished the morning with 20 solid keepers including a 6 lb. blue. Danny King's punch bait was the ticket with both red and white working equally as well. Dad caught the blue. We left them biting at noon to grab some lunch. I was hoping to put him on a big fish today, but we had to settle for quantity instead of quality. He did get to take home about 12 lbs of fresh catfish fillets.

2. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Fished with guests John and Rayden Sunday morning on Lewisville. Once we found the fish it was non-stop catching for about 3 hours. Finished the morning catching close to 100 channel cats with 41 keepers up to 3 lbs. All fish were caught on Danny King's punch bait original and blood. We caught a few fish at the end of some secondary points 16 to 22 feet deep. Most fish were caught in a creek channel 42 feet deep.

3. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here's a picture from Sunday's trip 2/24/08.

Attached Files:

4. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Did a little more channel cat fishing on 3/1/08. Found the fish a deep again (30 to 40'). Finished the day off catching around 125 channel cats with 43 keepers plus an 8 lb buffalo for the youngster in the boat. All fish were caught on Danny King's original and red fished right on the bottom. We tried several shallow water areas, but just couldn't find a good concentration of fish. We would only pick up one or two at each stop. Moved back out to the deeper water and proceeded with the catching. I'll get some pics posted soon. I even got a pic of the one fish we caught on two rods. I didn't make it out on Sunday due to the stomach flu. I'm hoping that's all behind me now.

5. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here's a picture of Saturday's crew and a mess of channel cats.

Attached Files:

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice catches Bobby, hope u get to feeling better!!

7. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Got a few hours fishing in with guests EM and Marshall Sunday morning. Started out kind of slow, then found some channel cats that were eager to bite. Boated about 40 with 28 keepers in the last two hours before lunch time. We caught most of our fish 32 feet deep over soured grain and range cubes with Danny King's red and a few on cut shad.

Attached Files: