Lake Lewisville Report

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bobby-catfishing, Aug 6, 2007.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Fished 8/4/07 with John and Erick. Caught 27 channel cats up to 2 lbs and one 5 lb blue on Danny King's Original and Blood flavor punch bait. The fish hit both baits about equal today. We had to keep moving to stay on the cats today. The catfish bite slowed down about lunch time. We finished up trolling and caught 19 sandbass in the last hour or so. Not an oustanding day on the water, but still had a great time and the guys learned a lot about reading the water and understanding various techniques to locate and catch fish.

2. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bobby, 27 catfish sounds like a great day on the water to me! This equates to FIFTY FOUR fillets, which equates to one heck of a big fish fry for your lucky clients! Keep up the good work there on Lewisville!

3. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    aren't the ramps still closed? or did they open them

4. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    That sounds like a great day to me. I would take that many fish any day.:wink:

5. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Hidden Cove Park is the only ramp open at this time. It's not too crowded in the mornings with the fisherman traffic. Getting off in afternoon is a different story. It takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes of waiting in line to get the trailer down to the ramp. The lake is steadily coming down now. I would expect several more ramps to open up in the next week or so.

6. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Had the pleasure having fellow Catfish Gold Pro Staffer Brother Terry Terry in the boat with me on Lewisville for a few hour yesterday morning 8/18/07. Spent some time scouting and checking out some new water and the ever changing lake conditions as the level continues to fall. We managed to catch a few fish along the way. Ended up with 21 sandbass, 18 channel cats, 2 blues and 2 hybrids. Not a lot of numbers but we had enough to fill a 48 quart cooler brim full. All catfish were caught on Danny King's Punch Bait original and blood 15 to 20 feet deep. They preferred the blood flavor more than the original this time. Despite the falling water level, fishing on the lake continues to be good.

I'm still launching out of Hidden Cove Park for the time being, but heard that several more ramps opened this weekend. City of Lewisville told me that Lake Park and Tower Bay will not open until late September or possible October due to the flood damage.

Attached Files:

7. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    I took my 4-year old daughter out to Lewisville this morning (9-3-07) for a little catfishing. I never know how much actual fishing I get to do when I take her out, but that really doesn't matter. I just enjoy spending time with her off or on the water. We were on the lake for about 4 hours. Caught my 25 with only a few throw backs. Off the lake at 11:30. Biggest fish of day was a 3 lb blue that Abby reeled in along with just about every other one. Fish were caught in 20 feet on Danny King's Blood and Garlic over range cubes and soured grain. The bite was very light but very steady. Pictures to follow.

I finally got to launch at Tower Bay. Quite a few ramps are open now.

8. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here's a picture of my "Punch Bait Princess" from Monday's trip. I think the smile says it all. I encourage everyone to take their kids fishing and get the involved in the outdoors.

Attached Files:

9. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    That's what it's all about right there! Way to go Bobby!:wink:

10. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    hey bobby. i would love to fish with you one day. i think it's great that you take your beautiful daughter with you. we could take my boat or yours. we could even take both boats.
    chuck

11. LarryB

LarryB New Member

State:
    Longford,Kansas
    Bobby, do you usually use range cubes and sour grain together? If not, what works best for you. Thanks
    LarryB

12. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Larry,
    I preferr to use just the range cubes. I've had some grain souring up at the house and I'm trying to use it up. The fish are eating both when I'm chumming. We'll bring up fish and some will have range cubes coming out of both ends and some will have mouths full of the grain. The funny thing is that we hardly ever catch any that are eating both range cubes and the soured grain. It's working now by using both so I'll stick with it and keep letting the fish tell me what they want. I do know that they like Danny King's. Proof is in the freezer.

-Bobby

13. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    Now thats what it is all about ,thanks for sharing

14. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    I fished this morning with John and his son Andrew. We had a great time. The guys caught well over 50 channel cats with 34 keepers up to 4 lbs. We caught fish shallow along wind-blown pockets and points on slip cork and carolina rigs in 2-6 feet of water and over the range cube and sour grain combo 17 feet deep. All fish were caught on Danny King's punch bait garlic and blood flavors. Both were equally as well. Pictures to follow.

15. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    I had Gene and Jeff out with me on Lewisville this morning 9/16. Didn't get started until 8:30 or so. Fished one of the same spots as yesterday and limited out with 50 channels and a few blues up to 4 lbs around 12:30. The bite was a lot faster and more consistant than yesterday and easily caught over 100 fish including the undersized ones. Fish were caught 17 feet deep over soured grain and range cubes on Danny King's garlic and blood flavors. The bite is still very light and difficult to detect until you get the hang of it. These guys put the hammer down and never stopped putting fish in the boat. I should have pictures of yesterday's and today's catch posted this evening or tomorrow.

16. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here's a picture of Sunday's catch. Saturday's pictures are on a different camera. I'll get those posted soon. I forgot to mention that we also caught a 6 lb carp on DK's. That's the only one this year. Different species we've caught on DK's this year are: 1-12 lb buffalo, 1-2 lb LM bass and 2-sandbass (white bass for your norther folks).

Attached Files:

17. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here's a picture of John and Andrew with Saturday's catch. Along with a picture of your's truly working the fillet knife.

Attached Files:

18. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Looks like a two great days in a row!! On day Ill meet up with ya with the same luck, does the winter bite slow down?

19. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Gus,
    The winter bite will be a little different. We'll keep fishing baited spots for channel cats and small blues (box fish) and will also start drift fishing with shad and cut bait for the the larger blues as well.

20. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Brother as soon as I can get situated then Ill give you a jingle! Thanks for all you info. Jusut out of curiousity how cold does the water get in winter. Will I still be able to fish off my yak in a wetsuit?:eek:oooh: