Lake Lewisville Report 6/21/08

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bobby-catfishing, Jun 21, 2008.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I took my dad out this morning for a Father's Day present. The fish were a bit scattered, but willing to bite. He put his 25 fish limit of channel cats up to 4 lbs in the box and we were off the lake by 11:00. He was quite happy to take home some fresh catfish fillets. Once again Secret 7 was the bait of choice fished on both corks and Carolina rigs.

2. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    WAY TO GO, BOBBY... Glad you and you Dad can find time to fish together, that's important! Keep hammerin' them, and I know you will! Luke Clayton

3. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Thanks Luke. I took Darien and his 10-year old son Cooper out on Sunday morning 6/22. The bite started out great for the first few hours then just about completely shut off. They finished the morning off with 36 channel cats and 3 blues including Cooper's very first and personal best 5 lbs blue. Most of the fish were caught on Secret 7 dip bait and a few on punch bait. I'll get some pictures osted later this week.

4. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here is a quick photo of my dad Bobby Sr. with Bobby III (aka Trip) and his quick limit of channel cats caught on 6/21
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of Darien and is son Cooper with their 39 keepers from Sunday morning 6/22.
    [​IMG]

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good update, Bobby.. Lewisville is really a great catfish lake. I remember dift fishing for catfish, and catching a twelve pound blue, back in the mid eighties here. We were drifting under a school of white bass that were chasing shad near the surface, not far from the cut in the old dam. Keep after them, my friend! Luke