Lake Lewisville Report 6/10/07

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bobby-catfishing, Jun 10, 2007.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I got to take my mom and dad out on Lewisville this morning. I haven't fished with my mom in years. We caught about 20 channel cats up to 3 lbs. on Danny King's punch bait and shad. We fished shallow flats, creek ledges, baited holes, rip-rap and wind-blown banks and points. We caught fish at all but one stop. The fish are starting to run a little deeper. Most fish were caught in 5-8 feet deep with some coming from as deep as 20' or so.

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thanks for the update Bobby.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    good info man, thanx for the report

4. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the update Bobby. We were also out on Lewisville Saturday and did well.

We were fishing by the dam to begin with catching cats on shrimp under a 3'-4' cork. That was before the water got so choppy from skiers that we had to leave the dam.

From there we started drifting flats and drop offs. Did really well on cut shad.

Also I have attached a picture of a blue that we found next to the dam. Notice the fish in his mouth that he choked on.

Attached Files:

5. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I guess that his eyes were bigger than his mouth. What a waste that he died that way.

6. catchcat

catchcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Took my Dad out Saturday, only managed 4 cats...three channel, on blue, one drum, and one gar. Cut that one loose, he actually bit on the shad. He is swimming around with a weight hanging off his chin. Hah!
    Couldn't get enough wind to get moving good and cover ground. Lots of nibbles.:sad2:

7. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    It's a shame to see a fish like that lost. I'm going out again on Saturday morning and possibly tomorrow afternoon. We fished on Sunday 6/3 after that big thunderstorm came through and only put a handful of fish in the boat. We never had a steady wind or direction and made locating fish a little more difficult. Anchoring along wind-blown banks and points are your best bet right now. Baited holes for channel cats will only get better in the next few weeks and continue through the summer.

8. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    I no longer have My Mom and Dad but have lots of fond memories of fishing with Dad. Mom was not big on fishing but she did go several times. I think she could put a plastic button on a hook and catch a fish, would make dad so mad. He would tell her she was doing everything wrong but she would catch the fish, I can still hear him. If you still have your parents enjoy them now. You will greatly miss them when they are gone.
    Joseph