Lake Lewisville Report 5/3/08 and 5/4/08

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bobby-catfishing, May 8, 2008.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here’s a report from Lewisville from this past weekend. I fished with Kevin “Strictly Catfish” and his Dad Saturday afternoon. Fishing was tough as the front was passing through and the north winds had the fish were scattered. We did pick up a few nice channel cats on Secret 7 dip bait with the dead red dip tubes. Kevin had one shallow water channel cat that came completely out of the water before he even set the hook. The action was a little bit better on Sunday morning as the winds turned back around from the south. Bob, Jeff and Alex boated a mixed bag of fish. Our first stop put a few channel cats in the box on Secret 7 and cut shad. Second area produced a few more cats along with Bob landing a 3 lb large mouth and Alex connecting with a 4’ long gar. He had one heck of a fight on his hands with one of my 15 lb spincast outfits I have set up for punch bait fishing. We finished up the morning on a shallow wind-blown point. Here the guys boated about 20 sandbass along with 4 hybrids and a few more cats fishing live and cut shad on Carolina rigs with the Team Catfish 2/0 Jackhammer Bait Hooks. They released a few fish and kept enough for a fish fry or two. I’ll get some pictures posted soon.

2. We also had some good bites that we just could not land. The post-summer and summer-peak times should bring some good cat-callin opportunities.
    We had a great time, thank's Bobby.

Sincerely,
    Kevin "Strictly Catfish"Gibbons.

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Here are a couple of pictures from the trips earlier this month.

Attached Files: