Lake Lewisville Report 1/5/08

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bobby-catfishing, Jan 5, 2008.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I took my daughter Abby out to Lewisville today to do a little scouting and see what patterns are working best right now. Water temps were right around 47 degrees in most areas we fished. Our best bite was was 37' deep on the edge of a creek channel. We located a large concentration of bait and fish on the graph and managed to stay over them in this wind. We put out a little soured grain and almost immediately started catching eating size channel cats on Danny King's punch bait. The fish had no preferrence for the blood or original flavor. They hit both about the same. They hit just about as fast as you dropped the bait down within a foot of the bottom. The bite was really light at times. The smaller fish hit more agressive than the bigger fish. You knew you had a better fish on when the line just felt heavy. We finished with our 50 fish limit of 1 to 3 lb fish. We caught a lot of small fish today and probably through back 1 or 2 for every one we kept. It was great to spend the day fishing with my daughter. These are times that we'll both cherrish forever. I'll try to get some pics posted later.

2. mbodner

mbodner New Member

State:
    kansas
    im thinking about bringing boat down there and fishing the tournament on march 29th with or without my girlfrind.im having a hard time talking her into it.i cant park my boat in her subdivision of the uppy city of lantana.can i park it in a slip at one of the marinas?

3. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Matt,
    I'm not sure if the local marinas rent out slips for short terms. I do know that the self storage place on McGee has temporary trailer storage. I know it's not on the water, but at least you'd be able to keep your boat down here during your stay.

4. mbodner

mbodner New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks,i know were that place is..

5. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Sounds like you did better than I did yesterday at Lewisville Lake. Took my son and daughter to the barge and there was nothing going on there. Peaceful and had a wonderful time with my children, but again no bites.
    I do understand about having cherished times with your daughter. She is so cute. They grow up so fast....my son is 14 and my daughter is 12. I've been taking them since they were your daughter's age. It is fun isn't it?

6. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    It sounds like you guy had a great ol time!!! I have a three year old girl myself, so I too know what you mean. Those times are yours and hers to remember.

7. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    We have a 10 month old son as well. Those catfish better look out when we bring him and mom along. Mom has a habit of outfishing everyone in the boat. I guess our little girl is taking after both of us.

8. davidp

davidp New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bobby it was nice to meet ya at the NTTC tournament on Grapevine last week. That son of yours is the perfect image of his daddy!

I will just echo what others have said...there ain't no better fishing partner than one of your kids. My boys are 32 & 27 and they still be my best fishing partners!

9. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    David,
    It was a pleasure to meet you as well. I can't take all of the credit for our son's good looks. Momma had quite a bit to do with it as well. We compared some of my baby pictures to his. You'd swear we were identical twins. Kind of scarry to think there will be another one just like me ,with the same name mind you, running around in a few years.

10. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    MAN, that IS scary, Bobby.. Just kiddin, of course. Glad you are bringing them up right. Keep up the good work! Luke