Lake Lewisville Channel Cats

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by bobby-catfishing, Jun 15, 2008.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Who says that Friday the 13th brings bad luck? I had three generations fishing in the boat with that afternoon. The guys boated their 75-fish limit of channel cats in 4 hours fishing shallow water with Secret 7 dip bait by Team Catfish and punch bait.
    [​IMG]

The action Saturday morning was just as good. I took Matt, Jeff and his two sons back to the same spot that we left them biting at Friday evening. The guys were pulling fish in before I could get all of the rods baited and in the water. We finished the morning off with 83 keepers with one tipping the scales right at 7 lbs. All fish this morning were caught on Secret 7 dip bait by Team Catfish.
    [​IMG]

If you haven't had a chance to try the Secret 7 dip bait by Team Catfish (BOC Sponsor) you're missing out.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    good haul bobby! i haven't been to lewisville in years, and it was down a lot. looks like the lake levels are back up at a decent level. thanks for sharing the pics of a good time!

3. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo New Member

State:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Nice! Action was hot!

Would not want to be the one to clean all those. =P I'm rubbish at cleaning cats. Give me a walleye or pike no worries, but not cats. Need more practice I guess.

4. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Cleaning the fish is the easy part. It takes me about 30 to 45 seconds to fillet each fish. No electric knife for me either. A quality knife the holds a good edge can make quick work of a catfish.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice mess of Channel Cats.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Some great trips you had there Bobby, congrats on keeping those guys occupied!!!

7. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice work buddy. I went out with you last year and my dad and we caught close to our limit plus a 13 pound carp when the huge flood happened. Had a blast.

Havnt been able to do much fishing this year, other priority have come into my life, but Im slowly making my way back into the fishing.

8. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Jared,
    Good to hear from you again. Fishing has been great on Lewisville this spring. That was on heck of a carp you caught. It still put up one heck of a fight eventhough it wasn't a cat. I wish you and your dad the best.

9. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    I took my dad out today (6/21/08) for his Father's Day present. On the lake at 6:00 and off by 11:00 with his 25 fish limit of channel cats caught on Secret 7 dip bait fished shallow on both corks and Carolina rigs.

10. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    I took Darien and his 10-year old son Cooper out on Sunday morning 6/22. The bite started out great for the first few hours then just about completely shut off. They finished the morning off with 36 channel cats and 3 blues including Cooper's very first and personal best 5 lbs blue. Most of the fish were caught on Secret 7 dip bait and a few on punch bait. I'll get some picturesfrom the weekend posted later this week.