Lake Lewisville 8-29-2007 report

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chuck7700, Aug 29, 2007.

1. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    I went fishing this this morning around 6 AM. I was fishing jusy west of the dam where the top of the trees and shrubs were out of the water. I hate to say it. I wasn't fishing for catfish. I was fishing for sand bass and hybrid strippers. I used a white 2 oz. slab and let me tell you. I was trearing them up!!! From 6 to 6 AM I probably caught atlease 75 sandie. I kept 25. and caught several strippers. My biggest I got in the boat was a 6 and 9 pounder. I had 2 really nice ones I got to the boat. I could see them. But they broke my 20# fishing line. If anyone wants to have a blast. Then go to Lewisville. Happy fishing!!!

2. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    from 6 to 8 am oops

3. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Congrats on the great fishing trip. I have fished Lewisville for years and had no idea that there are stipers in the lake. I usually fish from the bank so that might explain it.

4. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    so just up near the dam with a 2 oz. slab? what color? congrats on the great fishing!!!!!!!

5. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Sounds like you had a blast will be taking out my kayak this weekend not to familiar with the area. Could you kinda put out general directions from Keller or DFW

6. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    i uses a white 2 oz. slab. i lost my 2 white slabs when big stippers broke my line. then they wouldn't bite any other baits i thrw at them. i was catching them west of the dam in the flooded waters tward the golf course.

7. scline999

scline999 New Member

State:
    Highland Village,TEXAS
    A buddy and I got into them last week in the old Party Cove by the cut. We limited out in an hour and a half. We fished with slabs and Little Georges. Not quite as fun as landing a monster Blue, but still a good time. The fishing trip ended up costing me $135 for a ticket the Game Warden cited me for. I was not aware you had to have a throwable floatation device.

Attached Files:

8. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    Sounds like alot of fun. This is my first post to the site, but i was wondering if you knew of good bank fishing areas of the lake? I do not have a boat yet. I am a single dad with 3 kids so you can bet i dont have the best financial means to get a boat. Bank fishing is fun for us, but we have only been able to try Marine creek lake which is prety small. Would love to get into some bigger cats. Thx

9. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    yesi do. the exit pf I-35 is 407 and go East. Gothru thr first stop sign then take the next road to the left. go until it dead ends. Turn left. There is a pay marina for fishing, but I see people fishing on the banks and they are catching fish.

10. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks alot. I have a son with health issues and he loves to fish, so I like to take him as much as I can. We will give this a try.