Lake Lewisville 2/10/07

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cajundan, Feb 11, 2007.

1. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Caught two dinks from 1130am to 4pm. The bite was reaaaalllllll slow and we did some moving around. The water turkey roost were even slow on punchbait. We fished till we got cold then decided to hang it up for the day.
    I'll hit it again next weekend. Hopefully the weather and wind will be a little more forgiving.

2. scline999

scline999 New Member

State:
    Highland Village,TEXAS
    I fished Lewisville today also. Put in at 3 and fished till about 7. Bite was slow but I managed to hook into a few. Here is a picture of my dinner.

Attached Files:

3. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Where did you fish at. We were up North of 720 on Navo creek, then back the the trees at the mouth of the creek then out North of Hackberry at the water turkey roosts. Real slow fishing. We were thinking that the East wind and Barometer had them really slow, that and a little boy doing laps in the boat...:lol:

4. scline999

scline999 New Member

State:
    Highland Village,TEXAS
    Fished the dam near Lake Park G.C.. The birds were hot and drew me in. Pirranah showed buku shad. The dam provided plenty of wind relief. First hour was slow. Once the wind died and the sun dimmed the bite picked up. Ended up with eight. All were in the 5-10 lb range with the exception of one. All caught with live and cut shad. Did'nt seem to cold when I left the house, but I froze my a@# off.(under dressed)

5. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Real nice blues. I would take take them any day

6. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    I almost went over there but decided not to when I saw all the water turkeys sittin on the roost.

7. Cajun Kayaker

Cajun Kayaker New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice catch. Those are good size eating. Do they seem to bite in the early evening. How about early morning?

8. scline999

scline999 New Member

State:
    Highland Village,TEXAS
    Cajun Kayaker, I've caught them at all hours of the day near the dam. I like to fish the bottom. Usually I'll ancor about 30 yds off the dam and cast a few poles towards the rocks in the shallower water. I always use fresh shad as bait. I've found shad to be my most productive bait. If you have a fish finder they are actuallly pretty easy to catch on Lewisville. Look for the birds. I typically catch them in 20-25 ft suspended a few feet off the bottom.