Lake Levels in Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by T-Bone, Mar 23, 2006.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey guys, hows the lake level now that we have had some good rains.
    Please post your lake and how the level is now.

Cedar Creek Lake was way down off of hwy 85 you could walk out to the island now the water is back up to the hwy and lookin' real good now. Maybe only a foot or two low now. All boat ramps are open.

Tim tells me Tawakoni is up about three feet and maybe more after all the run off. I'm going out there this weekend and will know more then. It was about 8 1/2' low before the rains.

2. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    Last report on Ivie was 15.73 ft low. Concho and Colorado rivers ran a little last week but will unlikely help the lake any.

3. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Tod

Looks like Taw. is way up from last weeks rain. I pulled the below off the reports section of the Parks and Wildlife page.

"Water stained; 54-58 degrees; 4.78' low. Black bass are fair on Carolina rigged Brush Hogs (short leader with a light weight) and Texas rigged craws in 5-8 feet in coves and around bridge columns. Crappie are good on minnows and jigs around bridge columns. White bass are fair on chartreuse slabs and live minnows. Striped bass and hybrid striper are fair on chrome Rat-L-Traps and Sassy Shad along and out from the dam. Catfish are fair on nightcrawlers."

Looks like prime weather and water conditions if you hit the lake this weekend.

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Me and [C]hris headed out to murrel park on vine im not sure how much the water came up but it had to be a couple feet at least

5. andi1950

andi1950 New Member

State:
    Belton, Texas
    Lake Belton is still over 3 feet low. Maybe some of that good rain will find it's way down here. My fishing area is very stumpy, right now.

jerry

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks for the reports guys !

7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    How's everybodies lakes doing ? Tawakoni is now down about 4 1/2' and the ramps are usable now. I think Joe Pool is about a foot high still.

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    me [C]hris and 1stpalindrone fished Gvine saturday lake still looked like it was up at least a foot or two

9. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
  10. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    The rain has helped our lake it is about 2ft. high and the catfish are tairing it up

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks for the report Ronnie. Welcome to the BOC. What lake are ya talkin' about ?

12. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Hard to give lake level reports when I haven't had the time to fix my boat yet.
    But I'm sure lake Arlington is up, I know they reopened it to boaters last month.

I want to go to Cedar creek lake sometime this year with my boat.
    T-Bone, let me know when you are going back out there and I'll meet ya brother even if we bank fish is ok with me and the wife. :)

AL

13. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    sorry T- Bone the lake is Wright Patman Thanks

14. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks Ronnie, I'd like to fish that lake sometime, I've never been there. Do ya fish it often?

Hey Al, call me anytime Brother, ya know I'll meet up with ya. Gotta get ya over to Tawakoni some time also.

15. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    lake travis is almost 20 ' low. they keep releasing water for the guys down stream.

16. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Matt, can y'all even get a boat off the trailer out there ? Man 20' is a lot of water.

Thanks for the report.

17. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Went fishing yesterday at Big Sandy Park on Lewisville one of my friends had a little to much to drink and thought he would dive off the dock there well.... lmao i heard the splash turned around and there he was sitting in about 3 feet of water off the end off the dock :beat_plaster: normally the dock would sit in about 6-7 feet of water but not yesterday

18. chum

chum New Member

State:
    Texas
    I released out on Big Sandy last sunday and my boat nearly bottomed out. You can go out about 20 to 30 yards from that dock and the water level doesn't go any lower than 5 ft.

From what I here theres been a lot more fish caught in the shallow water areas. I was talking to a guy before I left and he said he caught about 20 north of there.

19. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    t bone, travis goes up and down alot. most ramps are still open but it won't be long. we had some good rain today but it won't matter much.i may try tonight for a little while , have'nt had any luck so far.
    i've tried spot tail minnows, 1 live perch , shrimp and cut frozen shad. but i've only fished daytime till tonight. also,i'm getting hung up alot, it's all rock on the bottom.
    good luck,
    matt

20. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hope ya catch a bunch tonite Matt.

Dang James, it's a wonder he didn't brake his neck.

Hey Chum, I fish Tawakoni and we hardly ever fish deeper than 6' foot, even in the winter (which wasn't much winter this year) we were catchin' them in 3' of water. There is deeper water near by and alot of trees out on a point. Maybe if ya have a spot like this one, get in there and fish the 3' water in the trees.