lake level

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catnbox69, Sep 23, 2009.

1. catnbox69

catnbox69 New Member

State:
    burlington
    has buggs island lake level risen at all in the past month?Are they still lettin water out?:crazy:

2. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Still falling! Be carefull! what is on your gps map contour will be off a good bit. The lower end can be more sneaky than the upper end and it's all rock down there. Its just all over on the upper end mainly wood and mud. The lower you have the shoals, humps, and points and they are surrounded by deep water and most are rock.

3. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I think it's lower than what they are posting, forget the rivers on the upper end. I'm hitting them below the bridges so I'll be there til april. I have a few props on the shelf from learning the lower end over the years. Be careful off the points.

4. Leftenant

Leftenant New Member

State:
    NC
    Good advice Dan, you ought to know for sure!!!!!!!!

5. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Thats right keepit, I've seen the remnants and been part of the destruction of one.

6. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Your lucky to just get away with a prop on the lower half of the lake! Them there rocks will take the whole foot! Or at least peices of it! 100+ yards from the bank in 50+ ft of water and if not on your toes bam! Great Island has some stuff way out in the middle of no where, along with many other places on the channel and in the creeks.

7. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Well my boat does pull alittle to the left, could be the skeg being off center. I might of lost a few props over the years but I found out where to catch them. Even swap to me.