Lake Lenexa

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by delbert bumbleshoot, May 6, 2009.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Has anybody fished the new Lake Lenexa yet. It is a 35 acre lake out at 89th and Monticello {off of k-7 and Prairie Star Parkway}. It just opened to fishing 5/1. I stopped by there the other day.Pretty little lake lots of trails and overlooks and standing timber.Fairly liberal fish limits 10 channel cats :angry:etc.Electric motors only and boats off the lake at 9:00:angry:. I think the park closes at 11:00. I will try it out this weekend and report back.No feeders that I could see on the negative side:sad2:. I'm gonna take the gas motor off the back of my jon boat and put the 36 volt trolling motor on.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sounds lke a nice lake.Wow thats a big limit on cats on such a small lake.

Lets us know how you do.

You can alwas start your own feeder.5 gallons of beans.Of course they might not like that..

3. channelcatdrew

channelcatdrew New Member

State:
    Olathe,KS
    went out there saturday evening and caught 4. none were very big. saw a chinese guy keeping about 11 inch catfish. he caught one and threw it in his plastic bag and walked away. other then that it was a good night to fish. i caught mine on hot dogs off those docks by the trees.

4. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Summer time to me means the pungent odor of soybeans.I was heading out Monday and needed some chum.I usually drain off some or all of the liquid off of the beans before I leave the house.But I normally do it across the street in the gutter.I was lazy and drained it off in the backyard.Big mistake.Roy Williams the wonder dog my 125lb golden retreiver manage to eat a few beans and rolled in the wet spot from the chum liquid.Oh my god he smelled like a sewer. His breath could knock a buzzard off a poop wagon at 200 yards.My wife was throwing a coniption.She had to take him to the groomer and get a bath.

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I know how you feel Eric. My dog likes to roll in the stinkiest stuff she can find. She found where we butchered our deer this year. She tracked blood from one end of the house to the other :angry:. Thank goodness for the little green clean machine.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Erik, that would suck.:angry:
    But it is funny.:smile2:
    And we still call em "Man's Best Friend".:smile2::smile2:
    I have had some interesting moments with my two dogs.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Eric and all you KU fans, I think you guys need to spend more time with " MAN's BEST FRIEND" instead of reading rivals.com wondering about the recruits KU has coming.

Funny story.

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kevin we are going to convert you to KU. Sooner or later you will see the light. :smile2: Like Jay said , there is a KU fan inside of every MU fan just begging to get out. :smile2:

9. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Sorry to hear about the dog rolling in the juice, eric. That stinks (pun intended). That smell doesnt wash out, you have to wear it out. Have you thought about getting him a nice cologn.

10. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    It's not that bad. You get used to the smell after a while. I almost always catch some fish when I'm using it.Except when I went to Gardner Lake with Shelby last year.

11. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    rivals.com big 12 team recruiting national rankings Texas #2, KU # 6, OU #7, OSU #11, Baylor #17, KSU #18. Notice Missouri is nowhere to be found in there. Those 3 stiffs Mike Anderson brought in nobody has ever heard of.I heard one of them had committed to James Madison first.Reading the rivals web site might put most MU BBall fans on suicide watch.Losing 3 1000 point scorers in one year is tough on any team.But when you replace them with some division ii players you are in big trouble. over under on wins for MU in 2010 15-17 wins.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Eric, as always its nice to have you updating us on Missouri's future misery. :smile2:

13. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    35 acres is plenty big enough for some pigs. I caught my biggest catfish out of a 6 acre lake. I released the fish back in there too. Haven't heard of anybody catching him. Some day I'll catch him again when he is a 100lbs! :smile2::big_smile:

14. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    That's because I haven't been out there yet.Lol :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::wink: I think we can take care of that. The dinner bell will ring the first time I go out there.I only have 6 or 7 bags of crappie in the freezer it's time to stock up. Then we'll concentrate on some of the small lakes.

15. kccatkilla42

kccatkilla42 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    went out last night at lake lenexa after the rain and caught 2 bass in 20 minutes on a scumfrog off the dock next to the boat ramp. no bites on hotdog and a bobber, but the lake looked nice and the fish were decent size for a new lake like that.