Lake lavon

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jodster, Sep 10, 2008.

1. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    Just wondering what B.O.C. brothers or sisters are fishing Lavon? I've been launching at the power plant or at the dam!

2. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I've been fishing it, but it's been a struggle for me all summer... I'm a bank fisherman, though...

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Where are some good spots to fish from the bank. I always want to go there,but don't know where. I see folks under the 380 bridge,is that a good spot? I don't really know the lake,so gimme some directions.

4. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Have not put many hooks in the water this summer (family and work).
    I fish from a boat and strickly target blues.

From the regulars this summer has been real hit and miss from boat or bank ... been picking up in the past week or two.

Basically from bank try and make sure the wind is in your face.
    Boat; shallow fishing: go north up either fork. Fish in the timber. Shallow bite should steadily improve from this point thru winter for blues ... watch for the birds in the flooded timber if you want a mess of eating size cats (blues and channels).

Boat; deep water; drift or anchor humps/points in 15 to 25 foot. Pay attention to the depth shad tend to be holding.

As colder weather approaches and water temps drop I'd recommend one of two things. Fish less than 5 foot deep in the standing timber or over 20. Lavon is a pretty easy lake to drift ... not to many bottom snags to get hung up on. Drifting within eye sight of the dam during the winter can be very productive and produce some 30+ lbs blues.

Shad is always the bait of choice.

5. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    I heard if we get some flooding going on that a good place fish when the waters flowing. I also hear when the winds blowing from the south its also good there, fishing with the wind in your face mentioned in the previous post, sounds right to me. I always heard the waives bring the fish in, my dad told me that when I said "they got the hole lake to ski, can't they see I'm trying to fish!!" :smile2::smile2:

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I went out there this morning. It took a while to find some shad,but I did at elm creek ramp. I also ruined another cast net throwing into the wind. I went and fished on the 380 bridge on the Princeton side,north side of the hwy. I caught a 5 pound blue. I nicknamed him "Sunday Lunch." Sad to say,he died when we got to the house. But,he tasted pretty darn good. I also hooked a biggun,but he broke the line when he got to the rocks. Looked about 15 pounds or so.