Lake Lanier South End

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by texan, Aug 16, 2008.

1. texan

texan New Member

State:
    Cumming Ga
    Does anybody have suggestions on where to fish for cats on the south end of the lake that is consistantly productive? What seems to be a good bait? I have been out targeting them the past few days and no luck. I only seem to catch them when targeting striper on live bluebacks.

2. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    fishing has been kinda off this year for cats . I use dead herring and chicken livers , they will tera livers up but they get the bait alot and there usually not over 5 lbs that hit livers.

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
  4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I hope to fish Lake Lanier next year. What is the catfish record there?

5. texan

texan New Member

State:
    Cumming Ga
    I think the posted record is 14 punds but I have heard people catch them much larger.

fishwestpoint: I will be fishing in the morning till mid day.

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I was catching them on West Point pretty good during the day until it got hot and then I could hardly get a bite. The next time I went from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and put five Flatheads in the boat between 8 and 22 pounds. I would try some night fishing if I were you. Might change your luck.

7. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    i night fish lanier every other weekend. Ive been doing it for about 1yr and 1/2. we went last night for 5 hrs and caught 6. Ours usually average 1 to 5 lbs. I know there are some big ones in there i had one snap my line and had one take off about 40 yards and came off. I dont usually fish real deep water that might be why there not so big. Honestly i have never had any luck in deep water say over 30 ft.

8. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Thats the time I will be fishing for them also, I think that the cut herring are the way to go on lanier:wink: Or a live one fished in around 30ft of water, very close to the bottom.

I have not tried liver yet on lanier, but it has always been my go-to bait for cats, will have to try it out this week.

YD

9. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    i use liver for chanel cats .live brim for flatheads .

10. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo

Well there is a small cove toward the back of cocktail cove that had some heavy equipment in it, go there and set up at the begain of it. I think its about 18 to 20 feet deep and its got some kitties in it!:eek:oooh:

11. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    where is cocktail cove?

12. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Go to charleston park, go to main channel and go across lake.

13. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I should have some reports from the south end very soon as Shoal Creek is the only ramp within range of me. And the best part about that is the Army Corps is selling/leasing Shoal Creek and its camp grounds to developers:confused2: One of the only ramps available during super low water conditions and they are fixing to sell it this fall :angry: Way to go !!!!!