Lake Lanier Ramps that are still open

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jerseycat9, Nov 12, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Lake Lanier's water level is 1053.99 feet above sea level, which means that it is 17.01 feet below full pool.
    When the water level is low, some boat ramps become unusable. Listed are the lowest ramp at each park. Some parks may have higher ramps that are closed while the lowest ramp remains open.

If the boat ramp's elevation is higher than 1053.99, the park is closed for boat launches.

Launch Site Elevation Ramps Open or Closed?
    Tidwell Park 1048.2 Open
    Charleston Park 1050.5 Open
    Big Creek Park 1050.7 Open
    Little Hall Park 1051 Open
    Little River Park 1052.7 Open
    Vanns Tavern Park 1053.1 Open
    Clarks Bridge Park 1053.2 Open
    War Hill Park 1053.2 Open

and you can pretty much cross three of these off the list by the end of the week the DNR has started mulling over the idea of putting a stop to all boat traffic I dont think it will come to that but who knows?? I didnt expect to see nearly all ramps closed by this fall either

2. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Thanks for the info. I have been trying to find out which ramps were still open. I have been fishing from the bank for about 3 weeks now and it looks like I will keep fishing from the banks.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    That is great information to have Terry. Thanks for posting.

4. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Just to let anyone know that might be wondering, there is only one boat ramp left open on lake lanier right now. It's the boat ramp at Tidwell park. If you are planning on putting in there you better be willing to wait an hour or two. Looks like this boat ramp will close with the next week or two as well.

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks weathermantrey, I was just thinking about going to Lanier to try for a big Striper. Do you know of any good catfish holes on Lanier? Merry Christmas from fishwestpoint.

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    From what I haer the lakes closed to boat traffic. Just hearsay though. From what I was told is all the ramps are now closed. Drove over browns bridge last week and the end of the ramp was five feet out of the water.

7. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks, Maybe I'll stay down here on West Point. Our water level is slowly coming up. With the rain we just got it should come up even more. Maybe before long I'll be able to idle up the river!