Lake Lanier for catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by chambers bd, Mar 2, 2008.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks
    Would anyone care to point out some good areas for cats at the current lake standings. I would like to go in the morning before the big front comes in, any help would be great.

I am looking at clarkesbridge in the morning.:big_smile:

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I have never had any luck at Lanier. Good luck:0a28:

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Once it gets a little warmer the flatcreek area near Gainesville has always been a hot ticket for me plus there is some water in that area now

4. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I was having some luck at Robinson Park which is below Gainesville Marina before it got cold. I have been there 3 or 4 times since cold weather hit including last Saturday and I've had no luck at all. I've fished at Simpson's park with no luck and also Balus Creek park all from the bank and all no luck in the cold water. I thought I might try some spots at Lanier Point next. Good luck with your fishing.

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I went to clarkes bridge and went jugging,water temp 60, got up to 65 I guess in normal temp.

Attached Files:

6. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have fished around clarks bridge a lot over the years. When the water got so low in the lake I started fishing from the bank. Now that some of the ramps have been extended the the water is coming back up I will get my boat back on the lake. That is a nice mess of cats. Thanks for the pic and info.

7. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Did you set thoses jugs out during the day? Those are the best cats I've seen in lanier.

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks,
    Sir ; Cretus yea man I set them out about 10:30 And checked About 14:00.
    Pretty good day if I say so myself, The big one was about 20 or more pounder.:cool2:

9. RangerLuft

RangerLuft New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey man I am active duty SFC I am an Ranger Instructer in Dahlonega. Where did you cath those nice cats I live right around the corner from clarks bridge and went out Sat. only caugt a few littlle ones.

10. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Dear Ranger,
    I will take you fishing any time you like. I will show you the places I know so you will be able to go back. If you're not engaged in other activities I will take you any time I'm there. I just want to thank you for the work you do.

Doc

11. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    MY DAD LIVES AROUND THE KEITHS BRIDGE AREA,I NEVER HAVE ANY LUCK ON LANIER FOR SOME REASON,MAN THOSE ARE SOME NICE FISH.GOOD JOB DUDE!

12. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    THE KEITHS BRIDGE area? Im not sure where thats at, I know I want to try ToTo creek some time soon, the water level is coming up slowly.
    I may know where its at just not by keihts bridge.

Keiths Bridge may have check it out!

Brian

13. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Well just got in from the Altamaha. No luck today. Water still rising. Two weeks ago it was around 11 ft. Today it is 8.5 and expected to rise again to 9.5 by this weekend.

One young man came out with two 10-15 lb flatheads he got on a bush hook.

Maybe next time.

Brian gonna have to get up that way one day my friend and gps them hot spots or send them by email and I can find them.

Richard Luft....... A HEARTY THANK YOU SIR FOR ALL THAT YOU DO TO PROTECT US IN THIS COUNTRY...... WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS IT ENOUGH.

AJ

14. RangerLuft

RangerLuft New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey SFC I finnaly got some time off sunday and man what a good day. 5 Largemouth Bass all 2.5 - 5.5 lbs and 2 cats one weighing 8lbs I took some of your advice and went up the hooch to the fresh water spots. TY

15. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    hi folks,
    Teresa and I went to Keith's Bridge area this week. Went all the way out to the open channel and back. Hit numerous coves and inlets and settled on the area at the bridge and tied off at the main bridge and channel and saw a steady stream of fish on the fish finder for over 5 hours. All around us folks were catching crappie and stripers. I even got frusterated, left and ran around for a little while and came back. Using blue back and fishing on the bottom, threw out about 50-60 feet under the bridge out to the opposite side of the channel and caught a decent cat, probably about a 4 pounder (probably a lady cat because she was big and about to lay eggs, I'm sure my father-in-law's pond will appreciate her effort).

The facilities were really good at Charleston's Landing where we put in. Nice area. $3 parking fee and make sure you pay and circle the day because the DNR was writing tickets left and right. They were also giving tickets ($135 each) to vehicles parked in spaces for designed for vehicles & trailers. Parking for those are in another area. So be careful in that area also if you have more than one vehicle.

16. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    4/5/08 it was caught by a Bass Guide on a zoom finesse worm under a dock

Attached Files:

• fh.jpg
      fh.jpg
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
  17. MossyBack

MossyBack New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Did you or Josh throw him in there?

18. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Wow, thats a good one. That is a big fat cat. I'd love to catch one of those, or maybe a thousand. It would be fun. I think I'll go juggin tomorrow.

19. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Alright now no stalkers:smile2: where do I know you from

20. MossyBack

MossyBack New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Team MossyBack baby! My partner James and I have given you crap for some time now.