Lake Konawa - fished off the dock - fishing pictures attached.

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    me and the wife went to konawa yesterday afternoon. fished off the dock for a while. only saw one boat. place was literally deserted. beautiful day. i caught 4 very small channels, and 5 perch. i skunked the wife, but we sure enjoyed the time out. gorgeous sunset...a few pics for you:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    more sunset:big_smile:

Attached Files:

3. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    That is my favorite lake to fish. Its never crowded, four maybe five boats at a time. The hybrids are the funnest to catch when it cools down. I haven't done much catfishing there though. Maybe next time you go I can catch you out there and I will take you out on my boat. Just pm me next time and if I get a chance I will come out. I dont know much about fishing but I sure like to go everytime I get a chance.

4. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Phil, I haven't been to Konawa in many years. Those nice pics make me homesick to go. I have a friend who fishes it in a fishin tube and waders ever winter, he catfishes with a fly rod, from his fishin tube.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Daniel, i know less about fishing, i am sure, than you. i know one thing: i enjoy catching and eating them:big_smile:

i would like to go to konawa with you...maybe meet you at the ramp.
    i have seen 3 cats over 40lbs come out of that lake.

my wife is going to CA, i think next weekend...maybe we can go then? Darryl is coming tuesday and i hope to find time to fish with him too.

the big cats i saw come out of konawa were caught in the dead of winter in the exhaust channel. my dad had a friend that was a retired OG&E line foreman. he could drive us in through the front gate and park right at the exhaust. i believe some late afternoon/early evening fishing should be productive....let's keep this one on the front burner:big_smile:

6. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma

That would be pretty cool to fish right at the exhaust. It seems the fish stay on the exhaust side of the buoys when Im fishing,lol. I usally have the best luck in the evenings at Konawa. We will have to get together and go.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Allrite,allrite. We get the idea. How many pics of a sunset can ya take? LOL! Glad ya had a good time. Thanx for sharein.