Lake Keowee Finished!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadsalyer1, Jul 5, 2009.

1. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    OK guys I wouldn't say I have figured this lake out but I found some fish. We fished the night of the second in Crowe creek. Water temp was a steady 85 degrees, bait of choice was red worms. Managed to boat 37 eaters. No size really. I have decided the only way to truely catch fish on Keowee is with dynamite!!LOL So now I will not be fishing Keowee anymore. It was a very nice trip with the family though. Hope everyone had good luck!

Steve

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Get rid of those worms and try some cut bait. I am guessing your average catch size will increase greatly. Sounds like a good fishery, you should just consider a bait change.

3. flatheadsalyer1

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Tried cut bait, liver, stinkbait, and anything else that looked like it might work. I talked to several of the regular fisherman up there and they all said that the small channels were about it for the cat bite. There are a few flatheads caught but they are few and far between.

Steve

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya got on'em!:wink: 37 sounds like fun.

5. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Steve,

Boating 37 eaters is where it's at. I could eat catfish 7 days a week. I may even try Lake Keowee one of these days. Thanks for the report. Almost forgot. I raise European Nightcrawlers. They are even better for eater channels than redworms. LOL

Curt :big_smile:

6. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Nice catch Steve!:big_smile:

7. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Maybe it's just not a cat lake.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Only 37 ? hehe.....

-Jim-

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    37 is a mess o'fish, even if they were only dinks :big_smile: Much better'n the proverbial goose-egg :crazy: Did you try some lucky scrimps?

10. flatheadsalyer1

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Pat I tried lucky scrimps for a few minutes then ended up eatin em cause the fishin was so slow. That lake is just not a cat lake. The bass fisherman were doing real good. The kids caught me a ton of bream for the freezer, but they just aint no big cats lurkin'. That's OK I tried it and didn't let it beat me too bad. Guess in the next week or 2 I will get back on Hartwell where I know theres fish, and I know how to find em'. We still gonna have to get on saluda lake one day too Pat. Jim as soon as I can get over last week, we gonna have to see if we can get on the lake.

Steve

11. JRamey7783

JRamey7783 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was down there a few weeks ago fishing with some cut bait off some dock in a cove , didnt take but about 30-45 mins and snaged up a 10 pounder.

12. cleon

cleon New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    There are some good cats in Keowee. I've only ever caught them on cutbait. Went crappie fishing this past weekend in Stamp creek and since the bite was slow I tossed out cutbait on two rods. Caught a 7 and a 14 lb 6oz blue and got broke off by two fish.