lake kaweah Catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by milmascaras321, Sep 30, 2008.

1. milmascaras321

milmascaras321 New Member

State:
    california
    New guy here in forum, just wanted to know if lake kaweah has any good sized cats. or can tell me any good/bad stories about that place

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i dont think you need to worry about the size of the cat's in kaweah more than if there is any WATER in kaweah, i hear it was so very low. and welcome to the BOC

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome Hector to the BOC. I fished the lake several years ago. Reminds me a lil of Pine Flat... I can't be much help. I know the trout and bass is off the hook some days. Out of 10 years fished it 5 times. Need a boat if it is not to low. check the report in the bee see if the ramp is open. Hensleys is closed. You must be in Visalia or Tulare area? Any who.... Welcome again.:wink:

4. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Hector,
    Welcome to BOC! Never fished it. Like Robb said check the Fresno Bee for the report. It comes out in the sports section on Wednesdays. I would assume most lakes that are not too high up in the mountains should have a few decent cats somewhere. Where about in Cali do you live?
    Here is some info that could be of some help to you.
    http://www.fishersnet.com/fishmap.html#C135
    Kaweah Marina (559) 597-2526

Sean!

5. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to the BOC from So. Ca. Hector.

6. milmascaras321

State:
    california
    thanks for the advice guys. will check the bee manana for the reports. i actually overheard some co-workers talkin about fishing there this weekend and one guy talking about a fish snapping his pole.they did say they were fishing for cats. and by the way i live in the great town of Kingsburg ca

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali

Where the guys fishing from boats?

8. milmascaras321

State:
    california
    from the shore. He said he was using zote(mexican laundry soap ) for bait. and he did say the bass were hott that saturday

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sure like to know how you do if you make it. Kaweah is a nice lake.

10. milmascaras321

State:
    california
    from the shore. He said he was using zote(mexican laundry soap ) for bait. and he did say the bass were hott that saturday

11. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    I've fished Kawea a few times but I don't know a lot about it. There are huge carp in it. Most of the bank fishermen were near the marina docks or they walked around near the dam. I was told the best spot for catfish at night was near the inlet. I only caught a couple bass there, on worms.

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Lake Kaweah

**Bass ***Crappie *Trout **Catfish
    Larry Kerns of the Visalia Bass Club reported a decent bass bite with Robo Worms in Aaron's Magic or jigs from the banks to 8 feet. His team came in second at the Visalia Bass Club Top 10 fish-off over the weekend. Saturday's winning limit was more than 9 pounds. The angling pressure from the banks has slowed a bit, but there are still anglers tossing crawdads far out from the banks, limiting locations for boaters. The lake dropped 32 acre-feet to 6% capacity.

Call: 592-5922.

13. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    K-town huh? I grew up in Fresno and Selma so I am very familiar with Kingsburg. I currently stay in Caruthers. If you ever want to go out to Mendota area when we all go let us know. We have a pretty good time too. We BBQ, crack some cold ones, and catch some fish. Are you raised in Kingsburg? Maybe we know a few of the same people.

Sean!

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    A co worker I know caught a 12# channel Sat while fishing for bass. Caught it on a rattle trap he said. He doesnt fish for cats at all:sad2: He showed me a pic of a 5# and 8# bass too.
    Any other reports from Kaweah?

15. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome Hector to the BOC!

16. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    I dont know of the present conditions but have caught some blue cats out of the lake in the past

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali

You caught some Blus out of Keweah brother? Any size to them?

18. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I know I had to change my underwear when he said that because if its true YOU WANT TO GO GET'EM!??!?!?!?

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Depends on the shore fishing. Don't know if the RV cant camp on the shore

20. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    this sucker will pull my trihull like nothing!!!!!!!! BOAT FOR DELTA LOVER REVIVAL TOO!!!!!!!