Lake Jocassee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SC Hartwell, Nov 30, 2006.

1. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I'm going trout fishing from a boat this weekend on lake Jocassee. Has anyone been fishing out there before?

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Oh Yeah,bass fished it many times, but it's been years since I was on Jocassee

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Yeah I know they're some nice smallies in there. I'm going to drift for some trout.... my girlfriend is tired of "Ugly" Hartwell. I'm thinking about drifting suspended herring about 80-100ft, at least that is what the reports have said are producing. Maybe I will get one of those big blues while drifting :cool2: . I'll let you guys know how I do.

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    use to trout fish up there alot but it has been yrs since i fished it.

5. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thanks, I am looking forward to it!

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    That's one beautiful lake. I used to go up to the Blue Ridge over to the Chatooga River (think that's the one, its the one on the S.C. and Georgia border. There was dirt road that took you back to the lake with a real steep slope that lead down to the lake. I wouldn't take my Trooper down there, but did park and walk around the shore. Never fished it, no boat. Sorta sad as I lived in Greenville at the time.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck. I've caught a few trout around the creeks that flow into the lake.

8. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    never did fish the lake but we did take our parents on a pleasure ride to see some of the many waterfalls the lake has. i guess that is the good thing about jocasse, if the fish ain't biten the scenery is always top notch !!

9. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Jason be careful that is a very very deep lake and has alot of strong currents in it. It gets very nasty when windy also. with this front coming in this weekend it may not be a good time to go cause you know winds most of the time follow fronts for a couple of days. If you go and the wind gets up head to the closest bank around you and dont try to make it to the ramp. My dad sunk a boat up there, he was fishing one day and a storm came over the mtn and you cant see them coming till they are coming over the mtn by then it is to late cause they are on top of you. As a mtaate of fact thats when we stopped fishing up there.

10. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thanks, I will definitely be carefull considering how light my boat is! Man I bet that sucked.... sinking a boat! I bet it was scary too!