Lake Jericho

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kentucky_Cat_Hunter, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey, a buddy of mine and I are packing up Sunday and heading to Lake Jericho. I've been there once, but didn't fish. I was helping the kids fish that day. I was wondering if anyone had ever fished there and caught catfish.

2. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    John, my husband(vlparrish) and I use to have a yearly pass to Lake Jericho. We don't live to far away. Sometimes we go out there to catch crappie, bluegill, etc. but if you want to catch some nice catfish, I suggest going to the Ohio River. You can go to Vlparrish's photos and see the cats he has been catching this year. He's taken several guys and they also usually catch some pretty nice cats. He helped me catch a 50lb blue. Vern also has an article about Ohio River catfishing on the BOC. I think it was just posted yesterday. If you're interested and can't find it, just PM me and I'll send it to you. Lake Jericho is a nice place to take the family or just fish a calm lake. Good luck and have a good time.
    Kelli

3. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks Kelli. We'll probably do some crappie fishing too, but I'm hoping to catch a cat or two. I did catch a cat there the one time I was there. A real monster at about 6 inches long. I put him back, so hopefully he's grown a little since then, lol.