Lake Jacomo/Blue Springs, Missouri.. "Be On The Lookout"

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blade4130, May 18, 2009.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Hey guys, I haven't been able to post this until now. I had a bad experiance at Blue Springs Lake last Saturday. There are some people in a black crown vic with spot lights and another silver car that resembles a police car. These people are acting like they are the police and are messing with people and it's getting more and more serious.

I took my best freind son and his freind fishing Saturday night near Blue Springs Marina. To make a long story short around 10:30 we had what seemed like cops roll up on us shining spot lights so we couldn't see them very well. Two came up to me dressed as cops and one even had a gun out on me. One of the things he had me do was get on the ground with my hands up. Everything just didn't seem right, but they looked like young cop's. While on the ground and as they approached closer. I just thought something was wrong so I had the kids take off and run as fast as they could into the woods to dial 911. That spooked them and they wanted me to call them back. I wouldn't and then started confronting them and walking towards them. At that point I was going to take a bullet if I had to and if they were cop's? I was ready to head to jail as I was ready to bash a skull or two. As I kept going towards them they ended up taking off. The Blue Springs Cops showed up very quickly afterwards, but was not able to nab them. According to them they have been having a real problem with these people the past couple of weeks. Even making people pull over and messing with other fisherman. They are early 20's that dress as cops the others may be late teenagers. What probably started out as having fun to them is now getting more dangerous. They have robbed a few people and are now bringing guns into the mix. Hopefully they will be caught soon or hopefully they will mess with somebody who is actually packing a gun and they get shot!

Despite what happened and having the crap scared out of the kids including myself. "Drake" my best freinds kid was able to catch his second biggest channel cat at six pounds so he was pretty happy about that.

Attached Files:

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That sucks, man! I think you may have to change your screen name to "Lucky" - the whole black widow thing, the knee, now the pretend cops with guns:eek:oooh:

Glad to hear you made it out of that OK and nobody got hurt!

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats a bad deal Don. Im also glad you all are ok. Ive heard of home invasions happening in the past with people acting like cops. This has to stop. The police should start doing some undercover operations and try to nab these guys. :angry:

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Boy Don glad you and the kids came out ok. Sounds like you need to stay away from there until they get these punks caught. I would hate to se anything happen to ya. We still have big fish to catch.

Tom

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

I to am glad your ok, I fish there alot, I have not been this year but one time. But I am glad for the heads up.

6. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    <lol> maybe I should change my name to lucky. Me and Blue Springs lake are done for now. Unless I am with somebody besides kids or in the day time I won't be back for a while and will think twice before going out by myself all night there again. On the news at 6:30 I heard that the core is letting out more water on the missouri to help protect the pallid sturgeon. They say that water will be in the KC area in the next three or four days. I feel extra bad for the farmers up there that will be flooded even more due to this. However, I am only going to fish the river from here on out for a while around here. Maybe the fishing will be good with the water on the rise.

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear the news. Scary chit for sure. I'm glad that everyone walked away from this. You are right, one of these days these fellas are gonna run into the wrong dude and what started out as fun and games will end in tragedy.

8. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    I hate how the laws help out people like that. Even with a concealed carry license you are not supposed to carry there. BUT the people who are up to no good will have it there and any where else you are not supposed to and the good people who follow the laws cant do much about it.

9. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Man that's just crazy.

Isn't the Jackson County Sheriff's Dept out that way too?

Glad to hear you turned a negatie into a postive for the kids though.

10. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    I fish blue springs lake and lake jacomo quite a bit at night by myself from the bank when I cant make it up to smithville or warsaw with the boat. I never worry about packing when i go to truman but from the bank up here in the city i feel it is a must. I don't know what i would do if that did happen to me, im sure my adrenlin would get the best me and they wouldn't be so lucky! Thanks for the post, i will be on my tows if it happens to me. Where abouts where you fishing when this happend.

11. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Right on Nick. The criminals will get their guns no matter what, and carry them where they want. I say the law abiding citizen that has legally gone through a background check and obtained his CCW permit should be able to carry everywhere. Might make the bad guys think twice before they start pickin' a fight. I might carry mine anyway, just in case.:cool2:

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's the problem - everyone is so afraid of saying there ought to be some kind of standard to have a gun that anyone can have one. I'll get crucified for saying this, but what is so wrong about some standards on who gets a gun??

I don't care if you have a concealed carry permit - if I don't know you I'd just as soon you not sit next to me and my kids at Sizzler with your nine stuck in your pocket.

13. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    We were fishing up the bank a ways from the boat ramp by the marina heading towards the main lake. Actually as far as we could possibly go so it was quit a ways really. If we didn't have lanterns on nobody would know we were there. It's not just happening there. It's been happening on the Jacomo side they said. Blue Springs Dam, near campground and pulled over some people coming off 291 and then into the park. I have always been aware of myself there, but never scared to go. This won't keep me away, but for a while I am going to stay clear and focus finding some more spots on the river. Plus, fish the one's I already go to. Jackson County Sherrifs Dept is close, but the kids call went to Blue Springs on the cell I guess as they showed up.

14. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Even with what happened I am not sure if I would still carry a gun. <lol> besides all I have is a flint lock 45 cab muzzeloader that I occasionally shoot with my father. He is in a couple of muzzleloading clubs. I beleive in guns and the right to bare arms, but I am with Brandon as there should be some standards. Lets not get this into a heated gun debate battle though:eek:oooh:

15. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

I agree with you! The ones with the CCW, should be able to carry any where.

16. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

To late :eek:oooh::crazy::cool2::wink: roflol

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I dont know, I get mixed feelings on this issue. I have known several people that I would prefer they not have a concealed weapon. Or a weapon period. But I can see where if everyone had one it would definately be a deterrent. Personally, I want to be able to protect my family and me. So I guess I lean toward carrying, at least if I have to go to an area known for bad things to happen. Which I try real hard to avoid. You know, dont put the chicken in the foxes den.

18. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    One of them idiots might shoot someone. Or they cross the wrong guy and they will be body bag filler. Hope the cops get em befor some ol vet fills em full of holes. They better off in jail than dead.:sad2:

19. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    as if there werent enough things to worry about when fishing, now this! what is this world comming too? i am glad to hear your allright my friend, but i dont think i would go anywhere near there again without a pistol of some sort. i say that knowing full well the penalties of carry there, but escalation must be matched, by that i mean if they have knives you should have a knife, if they have guns you should have a gun.
    great insticts getting those kids the hell out of there, but everyone needs to be careful, and understand that when people shine lights in your face like that chances are they are trying to keep you from seeing something.
    with the world and economy the way it is i am afraid that there will be much more of stuff like this to come. please be safe out there.

20. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bob I agree one hundred percent about that. Yes there is bound to be a percentage of "law abiding CCW permit holders" that would make you cringe (but at least their record is fairly clean), but I venture to say there is near 100 percent of gun toting ill intentioned criminals that make you cringe even more.