Lake Ivie and Lake Proctor

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iviecatman, Feb 5, 2009.

1. iviecatman

iviecatman New Member

State:
    texas
    31 channels and blues from 2-9 lbs last Sunday evening along with a 46 lb blue, 29 channels and blues 2-8 lbs yesterday. Big fish are few and far between. Averaging one of 30 about every third trip. All on trotlines.
    Funny, a rod and reel fisherman told me that he could never catch them on his trotlines and I told him that I could not catch them on rod and reel and had give up trying on that lake. Trotlining is hit and miss, next trip to the lake might only produce 3-4 fish. I have moved my lines four times since mid October to stay on fish. I sure in the next 2-3 weeks I will have to spread out the lines again to find them and them move them all into the next hot spot.

During the wind the next few days I plan to fish the Dam at Proctor with a few jugs and for crappie. It's one of the few places around where you can get out the the high winds with a smaller boat. My friend went last Saturday with another friend and boated 38 keeper crappie.

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    what depth are you finding the channels on Ivie? last yr they were between 35-45' at this time of yr where i found next to channel at Grape Creek

3. iviecatman

iviecatman New Member

State:
    texas
    Most of the successful rod and reel fishermen fish the edges of the channel with sour grain. Fish can be caught however very shallow right now as well. You can watch some big boils as the big fish leave the humps as you go by. Only problem now on Ivie is the hydrilla. A fisherman told me the other day that he found some huge fish up elm creek on his depth finder. I am catching most of my fish between 7 and 13 ft. I am using trotlines right now but if I get a full day off am going to try rod and reel. I am going to grain some coves today.