Lake Isbella

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by smitty1963, Jun 14, 2008.

1. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Has anyone fished lake Isbella at night for mr. whiskers???

2. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Smitty1963.
    This is a great place to kill a lot of time if you are a cat fisher-man, you did not go wrong by joining. Yes I use to cat fish Isabella Lake, and the kern river When my kids were little. I use to go down and spend the whole week-end and we would never see a noter person all week-end. But that all changed. But I haven't Night fished the Lake are river in quite a few years.
    Welcome to you again Smitty.

3. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the info

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Welcome Smitty,
    I've never fished Isabella myself because it is a long drive for me, but this is what the current fish report has to say about it

LAKE ISABELLA: Large numbers of catfish have been landed on shad. Average fish is in the three to five-pound range. The crappie bite slowed way down with only a few pockets of fish in deeper water producing. Trout bite very good on Power bait and nightcrawlers. Trollers also scoring with Needlefish. Fishing information: Bob's Bait 661-833-8657

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Smitty.... The lake is a windy place... tough to fish in the daytime (at times) but there are some "nice sized" fish that are taken by the "locals".....Lots of places are not accessable by shore, and no boats allowed (Legally) at night...

Beautiful lake..

Bayrunner Ray

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    if you go go to whisky flat days it is fun spent the night in jail one time going to that party
    back to fishing i used to fish the lake and the river the lake can produce using anchovies
    and on the kern river i would find holes and catch good numbers at night on chicken liver

7. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the information