Lake Isabella

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catcal, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Catcal

Catcal New Member

State:
    California
    I can't believe the only catfisherpersons in CA. posts are Irvine Lake. This is a Put and take resource . Lake Isabella is one of the best catfish locations in So. Cal.

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Perhaps your right. Feel free to add some details and fish reports about Isabella. I been meaning to give it a try there but just have not as of yet but I seen some good channel catches out of there. Isabella is on my to fish list. But I do not know anything about the lake yet.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC brother! I fished Isabella a few times. Like Brian, I don't have much info. I will say the few times I hit that lake, the wind was terrible:crazy: I am up here in Fresno and would love to hook up with you and learn more bout that lake.

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Duane.

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Duane welcome to the boc, been to isabella hunting just never fished the lake, been a few years since i have been up there, haven't had a boat until last 2 years when i bought a trailer that i leave on the colorado river been thinking of getting up to centrel CA and fishing the lake, know the fishing is good for some good eaters, 100 miles ferther then the river but still love it up there, if i didn't hit the river id be going up there, thing about the river and irvine they have big fish, one other thing i thought isabella is stocked with cats by the dfg a few times a year? Duane its always nice to get new info on other areas to fish, but theres just no one from the boc that makes it up there, its no different then i was about the only one that ever posted on the river but thats changed in the last year, some day soon ill drag bluehunter(brian) up there with me and my boat and would injoy meeting up with you and dip a line. so stick with us a injoy the boc, its all about catfishing and were all like family

have a good one and good fishing

6. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    We usta hit Isabella and the Kern all the time Trout,Bass,Cats,Girls What ever you want It's probley there. Good stuff Manard:big_smile:

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Fish and girls? Now that is a lake made in heaven:big_smile:

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I dont believe that dfg stocks cats here, I heard it told that divers have seen some monster cats at the dam area... can,t be on the water in a boat at night, you have to do it from shore. the wind is the biggest problem on the lake. getting their is quite and effort from the east from Mojave. lots of good camping places when you get up there.

gilmafam

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Duane wellcome to the BOC.
    I, for one, would love to hear more about Isabella. Being in the San Fernando Vly its about a 3hr drive to the lake from here. Please tell us anything you think would help. What is the best bait there? How is the shoreline access? which areas on the lake are the most productive and can you drive to them? I have limited mobility so the last one is important to me. Any other places in your area? How about the Kern river, any catfish holes on it your aware of? The San Joaquin river or the Kings?

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California